Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

The Best 6" Suspension Lift Out There

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best 6" Suspension Lift Out There

My 05 F150 is in need of some height. I want to hear everyone's input on the best 6" suspension lift brand out there. Note: i do not want to spend $2300 on one's with coilover front suspensions..just want the basic systems. Looking to spend about $1500 and must fit an 18" rim on 35" tires. Thanks ahead of time
Old 03-12-2011, 02:20 PM
SRH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pro Comp stage I has been good to me it came w/o coilovers, but with spacers.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Go with the the Rough Country 6" lift. Its like $1400 and its a good lift. Also, nothing against pro comp, they have a plain jane front crossmember, rough countrys is a bit nicer.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I really like the procomp plain crossmember and how it doesn't have any branding on it. Just my style I guess, I think bds makes a nice cheaper lift ad well but not sure on the exact pricing
Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM

I went with Fabtech for a couple of reasons. First they provide a 5" replacement block in the rear, while pro-comp and rough country stack blocks. Second, it came with full size replacement struts instead of putting a fat spacer ontop of the stock strut. Third, it sits PERFECTLY level out of the box while other lifts make the front of the truck sit higher or lower than the rear. Fourth, I think it has the best looking crossmember of all of the basic 6" lifts. It performs well offroad too, I'm off the pavement very often and its held up great for years.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Black & Chrome

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorshep600
My 05 F150 is in need of some height. I want to hear everyone's input on the best 6" suspension lift brand out there. Note: i do not want to spend $2300 on one's with coilover front suspensions..just want the basic systems. Looking to spend about $1500 and must fit an 18" rim on 35" tires. Thanks ahead of time
I just put an RCX 6" on mine. It came with the spacers for the front struts, but I didn't want to use them so I bought the 4-6" lift Bilsteins to take the place of the spacer. I bought the kit with the Bilsteins, which included two struts and two shocks, but you could just buy the struts and use the kit shocks if you wanted to. I got the lift kit and the bilsteins for about 1800 shipped to my door. You could probably get the kit with just the struts for a couple hundred cheaper. I don't know if you are going to put this on yourself or not, but swapping the struts was a chore, so it might cost you a little extra if you had a shop do it.

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
I went with Fabtech for a couple of reasons. First they provide a 5" replacement block in the rear, while pro-comp and rough country stack blocks. Second, it came with full size replacement struts instead of putting a fat spacer ontop of the stock strut. Third, it sits PERFECTLY level out of the box while other lifts make the front of the truck sit higher or lower than the rear. Fourth, I think it has the best looking crossmember of all of the basic 6" lifts. It performs well offroad too, I'm off the pavement very often and its held up great for years.
The Rough Country kit I just installed has a 5" block in the rear and it doesn't stack blocks. I'm not sure on the stance yet because I got a bad brake line in the kit, so I don't have the front on tires yet. Like I said above, you can get the RCX 6" lift and "upgrade" with Bilsteins for about $1800. Basically making your own stage II kit for a lot cheaper than you can buy them.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
How much you pay? I want a six
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2011, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 6 inch ZONE lift made by BDS. The 4x4 shop on Vegas recommended it to me and I have no regrets. Only 1450.00 w nitrogen shocks.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by s&g150
How much you pay? I want a six
Well my buddy worked for 4WP at the time so I got the kit near cost, not sure what they go for now.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Thanks for all the info. Turns out there is a lot to think about when buying these kinds of suspensions. If i were to buy one, i would do it myself. My friend has a full shop with a lift and all tools necessary to do the job. A few of my buddies have put lifts on so there is no lack of expirience.

Havent decided on a 6" lift or getting a 0-3" adjustable kit from Camburg or Sway a Way. Im leaning towards the baja setup.

Quick Reply: The Best 6" Suspension Lift Out There