Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Been a lot done in 3 months; Comments/suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been a lot done in 3 months; Comments/suggestions?

truck before I started messing with it

after 3 months of having it
I would love some feedback on it, suggestions and comments to help improve. i am still waiting to remove the chrome pillars and door buckets. list of everything done in order: remove window guards, remove rocker panels, add Deezer tailgate assist, remove billet grille and replace with raptor grille, new double din stereo, new backup camera, remove chrome mirrors. again, thanks for you're feedback

Last edited by CameronMc; 12-27-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: pillars not rocker panels
Old 12-28-2018, 01:55 PM
nathan3306

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

That looks like a nice clean truck. As far as what you want to do, I'd say look into a bed cover of some sorts. That along with husky floor mats was by far the best, not wasted money, I ever spent on the truck. Depending on the mileage, you may want to think about suspension upgrades. At least upgrading the suspension will be both "performance" and replacing a service life item. Two birds, one stone is my though process when buying stuff for the truck. Keep an eye on CL for deals and the for sale threads here in the forum. You can get some sweet deals from fellow 150 owners.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:37 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

You are on the right track. All that chrome made it look like a JC whitney catalog puked on it!
Once those handle buckets and pillars are gone, your truck is going to look pretty similar to mine. I can post some pics, if you want. Just didn't want to hijack your thread.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:50 PM

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Oh the ol' JC Whitney catalog!

I am personally not a fan of the Raptor grille. It's like someone who uses a windshield banner stating the obvious. Like "CAMARO" or "HONDA", but it's your truck and your money don't let anybody tell you what to do with it.

I do think you are headed in the right direction. One of the better appearance upgrades that I have done so far is gloss black pillar covers. I also like the mirror caps color matched. You can paint over the textured caps and they will be smooth like mine. I also prefer roll up bed covers over hard covers. And bed lights, floor lighting, and running board/puddle lighting, dang I can go on and on. Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about on my truck.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Screwed05
Oh the ol' JC Whitney catalog!

I am personally not a fan of the Raptor grille. It's like someone who uses a windshield banner stating the obvious. Like "CAMARO" or "HONDA", but it's your truck and your money don't let anybody tell you what to do with it.

I do think you are headed in the right direction. One of the better appearance upgrades that I have done so far is gloss black pillar covers. I also like the mirror caps color matched. You can paint over the textured caps and they will be smooth like mine. I also prefer roll up bed covers over hard covers. And bed lights, floor lighting, and running board/puddle lighting, dang I can go on and on. Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about on my truck.

Where did you get the gloss black pillar covers?
Old 12-31-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by redraiderford
Where did you get the gloss black pillar covers?
Amazon. Search pillar trim for f150. $48
Old 12-31-2018, 01:45 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

that would be my next mod... them chrome ones need to go in the trash.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:11 PM

Something else I really like is my under hood lighting. It's not an appearance things it's more function. I did get these from f150leds.com which I think is over priced. But, it does make for a clean install.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Screwed05
Something else I really like is my under hood lighting. It's not an appearance things it's more function. I did get these from f150leds.com which I think is over priced. But, it does make for a clean install.

I think this is my next mod
The following users liked this post:
Screwed05 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by redraiderford
I think this is my next mod

I think I have every lighting upgrade possible that I want except for the gauge cluster. All the bulbs I've found are too long and dont light up the needles.

Quick Reply: Been a lot done in 3 months; Comments/suggestions?