Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bad story with happy ending

Old 04-17-2010, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad story with happy ending

Well I knew it was bound to happen. Just hopped not so soon, I purchased my truck 3 weeks ago it has 102k miles on it and the tranny called it quits. (ya 2 weeks after owning the truck)The entire caseing broke in half, never really seen this happen before. I didn't buy an extended warrenty because most of my truck has after market part on it not coverd by ford. the guy at the shop said it was from excessive foot on the pedal with my 4.88 gears. That be the case or not I am 100% impressed by the dealership making it right for me.

I called them and the same day they picked up my truck an took it to the dealerhip 65 miles away. Next day they gave the news with two options. Used tranny installed for free. Or brand new tranny from plant with 3 year 100k mile warrenty for 500$ I opted for the brand new tranny.

Truck was towed on monday I picked it up on Friday!! Increadable service!! You here about all of these problems with dealers taking to long or screwing their customers. Well I feel mine was a success story and thought I should share it.

Before purchasing the truck I had two different trusted mechanics look it over and their appeared to be no issues at all. after the tranny install the dealers techs check the truck over once again and all appears to be great. it sucks this had to happen but I feel I am lucky that it did, if it would have happend a couple weeks later I think I would have been out the 3.5k it would have cost to replace.

Last edited by SuperRhino; 04-17-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:02 AM
SoCal Thread Shredder

pretty good place you took it to bro
Old 04-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Thats one hell of a deal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad story with happy ending