Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Automatic Lights Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Automatic Lights Not Working

A couple hundred miles from 100,000 on my 2007 F150 and never had any problems at all. However, now my auto lights on option isn't working. I can hear it click on and the interior dash lights brighten as usual, but the headlights don't come on. Wondering if anyone knows if this is a quick/cheap fix like a fuse or something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dash lights brighten when the headlights go OFF, not on. Put something over the sensor with the truck off, start it the actually check to see if the headlights are on.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by mphuff3
A couple hundred miles from 100,000 on my 2007 F150 and never had any problems at all. However, now my auto lights on option isn't working. I can hear it click on and the interior dash lights brighten as usual, but the headlights don't come on. Wondering if anyone knows if this is a quick/cheap fix like a fuse or something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Did you check your owners manual for any possible fuse assignment for an auto headlight possibility?

I'll guess you don't have one. Go here to download one for free (PDF):

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

The clicking you hear may be the relay to activate/turn on the lights; it could be the fault as well. Check the owners manual for the possibl location of the daytime running lights location. Some trucks have a secondary fuse/relay box in the engine compartment area as well as the one located by the passenger footwell area.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 10-03-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bucko
Did you check your owners manual for any possible fuse assignment for an auto headlight possibility?

I'll guess you don't have one. Go here to download one for free (PDF):

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

The clicking you hear may be the relay to activate/turn on the lights; it could be the fault as well. Check the owners manual for the possibl location of the daytime running lights location. Some trucks have a secondary fuse/relay box in the engine compartment area as well as the one located by the passenger footwell area.
I appreciate it and I will check. I do have an owner's manual. Just so happens that I was sitting in my office, in front of my computer, when I thought about the issue and thought I'd ask.

Quick Reply: Automatic Lights Not Working