Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Audio Gurus I need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audio Gurus I need Help!!!!

So I just got my KDU-BT945U a few weeks ago as well as some coax hertz 570 energy series speakers in my front door panels.

Now after I installed my new head unit i noticed that at times while I would be listening to music it would get distorted and the music would get softer, at first I thought it was just my factory speakers not being able to handle the output from the new head unit, but it still is doing it with my new speakers in.

The shop that I had put in my system told me that when listing to your music through the USB hook up that comes with it while it is hooked up to your ipod the music can't be played as loud and recommended that I put my music on a USB Thumb drive and that was the files can be more expaned and not so compressed as they are throug itunes and an ipod....

So any thoughts on how to solve this problem or what the issue could be????
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Is it only on certain songs or all the time? You should be able to increase the bitrate that itunes rips CDs and stores to your iPod.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need to know if it is during specific songs/CD/etc..? Also on what source(Ipod, Radio,CD, or all of them)? There is a couple things it could possibly such as a voltage drop, etc..

I think that is a load of crock that the ipod would be softer then a thumb drive. If that is the case though then you can go into itunes and change the settings for your ipod.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:20 PM

This happens only when my ipod is hooked up and it doesn't seem to matter what type of music, hard rock, rap, heavy metal, happens with em all.....
Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM

I've used an iPod through Aux as well as thumb drive on an aftermarket deck with factory speakers. Never had a problem.

It sounds more-so like they effed up and don't want to take the dash apart again. Could be a number of things as culprit explained.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 PM

This might seem like a stupid sugestion but it's worth a try. Turn the volume down on the IPod to about 3/4 power and turn the volume up on the head unit to the desired volume.

I have to do this in the wifes Amada.

Matt
Old 07-20-2010, 10:58 AM

Actually Matt is correct. If you are using the 1/8" headphone output on your ipod, the sound quality won't be near as good as if you were using the USB output on your ipod. And, if music is recorded too loud on your ipod (setting in itunes), and your volume on the ipod itself is ramped to full, it can result in distortion through the headphone output.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:49 PM

So I have been using the USB connection on my ipod through my new head unit and it still distorts, as the guys at the shop said it would, so then I moved most of my music onto a thumb drive where it seemed to work and had no distortion problem but then low and behold it had the same problem, so now is there something through itunes where I can fix the problem??? I'm sure there is and all it would take would be a little bit of searching around, but its sooo much easier if you guys do all the work thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM

In itunes, you can adjust the gain of each individual song. Highlight the song you want to adjust, then right click. Left click "get info", and then under the options tab, you can adjust the gain/volume of the song. If it is distorting, turn the gain down, and then re-sync with ipod. Under the eq settings, I'd advise to leave that set to off. Also make sure that you are encoding your music in at least 192k.

HTH, Rob.

Quick Reply: Audio Gurus I need Help!!!!