Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone taken the seat covers off? Installing seat heaters...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Anyone taken the seat covers off? Installing seat heaters...

Alright, I've finally gotten 2 seat heater kits to install in my 08 XL, because the seats are f'n COLD in the winter. I pulled the passenger seat out last night to start, but wasn't able to get much done. Looked at it for a bit and damn, it's really freaking complicated for a basic, completely manual seat.

Anyway, looking to see if anyone has taken their seat cover(s) off and reinstalled them, and therefore might have some pointers on how to do it properly. I did a search here and on Google, but didn't find anything specific. I know I'll need hog ring pliers and hog rings to reinstall, but I think that's the only specialty items I'll need.

I'm gonna look into getting some prices from local upholstery shops to just install the heating elements, then I'll do the wiring, but I'm hoping someone else might have done a removal/reinstall successfully. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This link has step by step directions:
http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/body/...150/index.html
Old 10-28-2009, 05:56 AM

heres some videos for leather installation, it shows how to take the covers off.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM

sweet nice post!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you for the replies guys, great info! However, due to a lack of time, with too many other things to do and a lack of required knowledge and patience, I decided to just take the seats to an upholstery shop to have the heating elements installed. It's worth 150 bucks for me to only have the truck down for 1 day and not deal with the hassle of taking the seats apart. According to work, my time is worth $40/hr (NOT what I get paid, I wish, hahaha), and I figure it would definitely take me more than 3.75 hours to install both heating elements, so I'm coming out ahead Hahaha!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone taken the seat covers off? Installing seat heaters...