Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

anyone running the Daystar 1" leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Built FORD Tough!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default anyone running the Daystar 1" leveling kit?

I had a hbs 2.5" leveling kit and the front sat nose high and looked like I always had a load in the bed, plus I felt the cv angles were steep so I removed it and went back to stock. Now I realized the front sits really low imo so I was looking at the daystar 1" level. Only thing is I looked at the directions and it didn't say anything about cutting the factory strut bolts, but I could have sworn I read somewhere you have to. Can anyone confirm if I have to cut the botls or not? Also can you go back to stock once you cut the bolts or would they be too short then?

I'd like to keep some factory rake however.

I had a daystar lift on my grand Cherokee and I have installed the hbs level and removed it from my truck so I know how to do that, I just really don't want to cut the strut bolts. If I have to cut them, how much do I cut then and what should I use to cut them?

Sorry for the long question, but hopefully someone confirms my question. Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Received 521 Likes on 293 Posts

I have this level. Yes the strut bolts have to be cut and that step is not listed in the directions for some reason. It caused me a lot of confusion at first. The easiest way to do this is to thread a bolt on the stud at the place where you want to make the cut, trim the stud, then back the nut off. This keeps the threads nice and clean. I used a Dremel tool to make the cuts. It was not that big of a deal.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Built FORD Tough!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on that. Hmm Idk if I want to risk messing it up. I like how your truck sits level and not nose high though.. for $40 its a great price. I also was planning on the 275/70/8 bfg at's like you have
Thanks again

Quick Reply: anyone running the Daystar 1" leveling kit?