Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone ever bedliner their mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Ford Tech

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone ever bedliner their mirrors

Was wondering is anyone has put bedliner on their mirrors to fix the faded look! I have done my fender flares, bed rails and hood cowl with great results! Wouldn't mind mirrors to match! Any thoughts thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by strawsb
Was wondering is anyone has put bedliner on their mirrors to fix the faded look! I have done my fender flares, bed rails and hood cowl with great results! Wouldn't mind mirrors to match! Any thoughts thanks!
I put collinite 845 on my mirrors and they look brand new again. It's a sealer wax that works amazing on almost anything. It beads like mad, is cheap and lasts 6 months.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I used that product "wipe new" on all my plastic trim. The difference is night and day. Claims to last for years. I'm gonna do a write up on it soon in my build thread. But I was beyond thrilled with how it turned out.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Luck
I used that product "wipe new" on all my plastic trim. The difference is night and day. Claims to last for years. I'm gonna do a write up on it soon in my build thread. But I was beyond thrilled with how it turned out.
My truck still looks freshly waxed after about 2 1/2 months with collinite. I just spray it down, then wipe it with a microfiber sponge and 2 buckets of water and it looks brand new again.

For all plastic that is faded, a heat gun was my best trick to get it to look new again. If the plastic is faded really, really, really bad, then a heat gun and collinite should bring it back and keep it back.

Last edited by Especial86; 10-15-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Ford Tech

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Especial86
My truck still looks freshly waxed after about 2 1/2 months with collinite. I just spray it down, then wipe it with a microfiber sponge and 2 buckets of water and it looks brand new again.

For all plastic that is faded, a heat gun was my best trick to get it to look new again. If the plastic is faded really, really, really bad, then a heat gun and collinite should bring it back and keep it back.
I have used that collinite before and it worked for a little while same as a heat gun but I went for the tough look and bed linered all the other stuff and looks awesome i haul a lot and the extra protection is kinda nice

Quick Reply: Anyone ever bedliner their mirrors