Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default any ideas?

So here is my list of problems: my abs and emergency brake lights stay on the entire time i'm on and I have no idea why and it just happened all of a sudden, i have a lovely crack in my windshield, and to top it off my reverse lights don't work either. All of this happened in about 30 minutes. Ne suggestions for these problems. I've checked fuses and bulbs and all those are fine so where do I go from here?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

For the ABS, check the sensors at each wheel (easier if you remove each wheel to get at the sensor. Sometimes the brake dust and/or road crud gets on a wheel sensor and sends a "bad" signal to the ABS module.

Emergency brake? This will sound obvious, but did you check the wiring connector by the e-brake (top of e-brake foot lever)?

Crack in the widshield: check with your insurance company. In Florida, windshields are covered with no deductable (meaning free windshield replacement if the crack is longer than a dollar bill, and/or blocks the view of the driver). In Texas, this is not the case, but insurance companies in Texas will cover (for free) to have the crack filled with a resin to stop the crack from spreading. If it's real bad, your deductible comes first (meaning you pay the deductable out of pocket first).

Check with your insurance agent.

Reverse lights? I'd have to get to my schematic book to locate the reverse module/connector, as this controls the activation of the reverse lights. Could it be as simple as both reverse bulbs blown? Get one bulb and replace just one side....if that works, then replace the other side.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 04-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: any ideas?