Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

All Crank No Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:14 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Default All Crank No Start

Hey guys I am new in this section and need some help.

My dad has a 2007 F150 3v 5.4 and he parked it last night and it was running just fine. We went to crank it today and it fired for a second then died.

I am getting spark and the fuel pump is coming on. I checked all the fuses and fuel inertia switch and they are good too. Oh and it isnt pats.

Thank yall in advance for any help.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:26 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/fuel-pu...-yours-152908/
Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I know you said you hear the fuel pump, but drop the spare tire and take a look at the fpdm.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by powerranger262
I know you said you hear the fuel pump, but drop the spare tire and take a look at the fpdm.
I had to leave it up at the office but I will take a look when I make it back up there in the morning. Will that stop the pump from pumping effectively even if I hear it turn on?
Old 10-01-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It did with mine...it was a quick death. I would hear (or think I heard) the pump kick on but it would crank for a bit - and finally start. Then a few days later, crank and no start. Thankfully I found the link that is shared in this thread - bought the item online and swapped it out. My original was so corroded it was hanging down from the frame. 10 minutes to swap out (8 of which was getting the spare tire down - long story) and viola - fixed!!!

Good luck!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by kawazzr
It did with mine...it was a quick death. I would hear (or think I heard) the pump kick on but it would crank for a bit - and finally start. Then a few days later, crank and no start. Thankfully I found the link that is shared in this thread - bought the item online and swapped it out. My original was so corroded it was hanging down from the frame. 10 minutes to swap out (8 of which was getting the spare tire down - long story) and viola - fixed!!!

Good luck!
Well I guess I should look a little closer. I just dropped the spare and took a look at it. It is covered in mud but I didnt see any cracks or corrosion (for what its worth). Should I consider swapping one out just to see what happens?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For around $60, it's not a bad idea to swap out. This is the one I got for my 2004 - think they are all the same for newer models but just be sure. The replacements come with spacers that keep the unit away from the frame and helps avoid corrosion.

Amazon.com: Dorman 590-001 Fuel Pump Driver Module: Automotive Amazon.com: Dorman 590-001 Fuel Pump Driver Module: Automotive

The other thing you may want to check is the Fuel Shutoff Switch. It's located behind the passenger side kick-plate next to the fuse box. I hear tell that sometimes it gets "activated" which shuts off fuel to the engine. (supposed to only activate in a crash). Just make sure the button is pushed all the way down. Look in your manual for full details.

edit: sorry...just re-read your original post and saw you checked the fuel switch already.

Last edited by kawazzr; 10-01-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by kawazzr
For around $60, it's not a bad idea to swap out. This is the one I got for my 2004 - think they are all the same for newer models but just be sure. The replacements come with spacers that keep the unit away from the frame and helps avoid corrosion.

Amazon.com: Dorman 590-001 Fuel Pump Driver Module: Automotive

The other thing you may want to check is the Fuel Shutoff Switch. It's located behind the passenger side kick-plate next to the fuse box. I hear tell that sometimes it gets "activated" which shuts off fuel to the engine. (supposed to only activate in a crash). Just make sure the button is pushed all the way down. Look in your manual for full details.

edit: sorry...just re-read your original post and saw you checked the fuel switch already.
No problem man. Thank you for trying to help. I picked up a new FPDM and got the same results. I ended up having to ask the shop next door to get me a fuel pressure reading since the Torque Pro app I use wasn't even showing a reading.

Ill let yall know what happens. Thank yall again.

Quick Reply: All Crank No Start