Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Airbag Recall...WOW

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Little Whitey

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Airbag Recall...WOW

Well just had my airbag clockspring done at Sheehy Ford per the recall notice. Got the truck back and needed to use my horn, well there wasnt anything. Horn didnt work, cruise control didnt work, nor did the rest of the steering wheel controls(volume,seek,fan,temp). Not to mention I noticed a new dent in the side of the truck that wasnt there when I dropped it off the night before. Pretty livid because everyday my truck sits, I lose money so now since the truck has to go back to the dealership, I lose a days worth of work/money. Now about the dent, I can live with that because I highly doubt they will pay for that to be fixed, let alone admit to the dent. And its a work truck, but its still my personal truck and I like it to look nice since I paid so much for it. Taking it to the dealership on friday to see what they will say. Any advice to mentioning the dent to the service manager?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

The dealership rep did not inspect the truck prior to it going into the bay? My Ford dealership always does a "walk-around" with me pointing out any dents, scratches, or blemishes on the body and rims, and marks any found on the service sheet. If they forget (they don't), I always remind them.

For the future, insist on this inspection before handing over the keys. Make sure any descrepensies are written down and agreed to by you and the service advisor.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

abt the airbag recall....i recently was in an accident and my air bags didnt deploy is there any connection to the recall witht that? (impact was enough to bent the front section of my frame)
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Little Whitey

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
The dealership rep did not inspect the truck prior to it going into the bay? My Ford dealership always does a "walk-around" with me pointing out any dents, scratches, or blemishes on the body and rims, and marks any found on the service sheet. If they forget (they don't), I always remind them.

For the future, insist on this inspection before handing over the keys. Make sure any descrepensies are written down and agreed to by you and the service advisor.
Usually the do this but I dropped it off at night since that was the only time my job really lets me do anything "personal" and picked it up the next morning. Although when I had it back in this afternoon he did do a walk around before it left the service drive thru. I'll have to remember this if it goes in for service again.

Originally Posted by goldteam
abt the airbag recall....i recently was in an accident and my air bags didnt deploy is there any connection to the recall witht that? (impact was enough to bent the front section of my frame)
Not sure. The recall was for a wire harness for the clockspring. I believe the reason was because airbags could deploy at random times. Not sure if the recall is related to them not deploying in your accident. Sometimes they are designed to deploy in extreme conditions but not sure. I really dont know a lot about how or why they work nor do I hope to experience them. Hope all is okay though, been hearing of a lot of close family members and friends being in accidents lately.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine fixed today. Its a really quick fix.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall...WOW