Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Accident in my F-150

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Accident in my F-150

Hey guys,

My F-150 got punched pretty hard in an accident, fortunately, not at fault.

Other party's insurance company hasn't looked at it yet, but I'm curious, you guys ever think she'll be straight again?

I really like this truck!

Honestly it drives fine, and I *think* haven't looked at all the components yet it's just the body panel, hood, and fender that got beat up real good. I'm just slightly worried they'll come back and say the repairs will cost too much and try to total.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Accident in my F-150-wreckedtruck.png  
Old 12-03-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 280 Likes on 196 Posts

I really believe that can be fixed. Replace the fender and repair or replace the hood. The toughest thing is matching the paint. I certainly believe it's repairable and worth the investment.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by srb1194
I really believe that can be fixed. Replace the fender and repair or replace the hood. The toughest thing is matching the paint. I certainly believe it's repairable and worth the investment.
Well, fortunately, I'm not investing anything, other insurance company is paying.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:09 PM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 339 Likes on 253 Posts

That's nothing, here was mine in the same spot with more damage a few years back.

That was just the front, all the other panels needed a repaint and my side bed was busted. Truck got entire repaint, body shop ended up putting 17k into it.

Drives better than new, mainly because there was no frame damage. If your frame is straight and wasn't damaged, it all just bolts on.

Truck last year:

Last edited by ReaperHWK; 12-03-2016 at 08:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
650NutKase (12-05-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah it can be fixed. That's really not that bad. And as far as matching nowadays they mix the paint to match the color. Most body shops have a deal that tells them the mix to match the color of your truck taking in account the fading. Don't just use paint codes anymore. If I were you I'd check into who is the best body shop in town and take it there. Just remember they don't tell you where to take it, you can take it to the body shop of your choice.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 PM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 339 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by HeathMc
Yeah it can be fixed. That's really not that bad. And as far as matching nowadays they mix the paint to match the color. Most body shops have a deal that tells them the mix to match the color of your truck taking in account the fading. Don't just use paint codes anymore. If I were you I'd check into who is the best body shop in town and take it there. Just remember they don't tell you where to take it, you can take it to the body shop of your choice.
second getting a good shop, that's the most important part. The shop that did mine repainted the entire truck so it matched
Old 12-03-2016, 09:19 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,599 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootsworth
Hey guys,

My F-150 got punched pretty hard in an accident, fortunately, not at fault.

Other party's insurance company hasn't looked at it yet, but I'm curious, you guys ever think she'll be straight again?

I really like this truck!

Honestly it drives fine, and I *think* haven't looked at all the components yet it's just the body panel, hood, and fender that got beat up real good. I'm just slightly worried they'll come back and say the repairs will cost too much and try to total.

Thoughts?
Not too bad really. I see a FX2 grille with a Limited/Harley valance. What trim level is your truck? It has the optional 20" FX2 wheels as well.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope everyone involved was okay. Damage looks cosmetic and from the impact location, there shouldn't be any frame damage. It should be easily repairable with a new fender, hood and a few other pieces, color match the paint and it'll look just as good as new.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
That's nothing, here was mine in the same spot with more damage a few years back.
Holy crap! The body shop who repaired that did a heck of a job.

One thing, you did mention this was a few years ago, as these trucks get older, I hope the value hasn't dropped enough for these guys to try and cheap out on me!

But it is worth noting that this is the first accident I've been involved in.

Good to see she can be repaired though! Yours is looking good!
Originally Posted by Summers22
Not too bad really. I see a FX2 grille with a Limited/Harley valance. What trim level is your truck? It has the optional 20" FX2 wheels as well.
It's an FX2 trim. It's an extended cab with the leather captains chairs in it. All the 'Sport' decals as well. It's been great! I was lucky to find a 5.4L 3V that appears to be in as good shape as it's been.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:00 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,599 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Hmmm, mine is a FX2 and the front bumper chin is different. I am 100% certain yours is a Harley chin.