Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

6" lift replacement shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6" lift replacement shocks

hey guys I need your help on finding a new set of shocks for my 2004 screw fx4..I know there is other threads on here discussing the topic but after a couple weeks of research I am just as confused as i was to begin with.. I bought my truck with the a 6" pro comp lift . My front struts have the full 6" inch spacer which i am looking to replace, however the rear has either a 3 or 4" block, so here is where my confusion starts, id like to replace them with bilstein 5100's I know i can replace the front spacer with 5100's if i buy the ones that are for the 4-6 inch lifts...so my question/concernis about the rear shocks, while many of the threads indicate the part number for the front shocks i have yet to see one for the rear shocks, the threads might show a picture where they replaced them ( so i know its possible) but only list part number for front shocks. Even online i have yet to find 6 inch lift 5100 bilstein REAR shocks for 2004...so this made me wonder... am i wrong about needing a full 6 inch lift shock for the back, since the blocks are only 3-4" ( and i dont believe i have an add a leaf because my rear end is about 1.5"lower then my front) So i guess my question is when buying rear shocks do i go by the number of inches my lift is, or by the number of inches my rear blocks are? ...AND if you know for a fact they bilstein sells full 6" lift rear shock could you provide link and part number?.....i feel like im just misunderstanding something here.. i have also been looking at fox 2.0...any recommendations would be awesome, i want a good shock but not necessarily something that's really stiff for off roading... as i will be using these on the road primarily and am looking to smooth my ride out a little..Thanks guys!

Last edited by soper15; 04-30-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 6" lift replacement shocks