Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2007 F-150 Supercab Passenger Side Power Window will not go up!

Old 08-17-2014, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 F-150 Supercab Passenger Side Power Window will not go up!

Good morning,

Original Problem: Passenger side window will only go down, not up. I waited a few days and tried to put it up during cooler weather and it went up all of the way one more time. By mistake, I forgot and put it down one day and have never been able to get it to go up since.

Yesterday I tried trouble-shooting my power window situation and have made the following observations.

1. Was able to remove the driver side switches, take them apart and clean them all. I noticed that there was a lot of metal degradation in the contacts for the passenger side window. All contacts were cleaned.

2. Was unable to remove the passenger side switches to check for dirt and degradation (it seems you almost need to break the switch and the console to get it out?)

3. Used a continuity electrical meter to check for signals and wiring: checking from the passenger side door switch, when depressing the driver side passenger window up (light goes on), down (light does not go on). Very strange since the problem was the window would not go up. When depressing the passenger side window up (light goes on), down (light goes on). Also weird, since the window would not go up.

4. Removed passenger side door panel to check the motor. Powered the passenger window motor manually (with truck battery) and not a sound was heard. Does this indicate my motor has failed completely? Originally, the problem was that the window would only go down and not up, but when applying direct battery power I can't make the motor do anything, not go down, not even make a sound?

I'm not sure what to conclude from all of these symptoms. Also - if the passenger side motor really is pooched, is it difficult to install a new one? It seems like really tight quarters in and around the door?

Thanks so much, in advance!
Laura and Chris
Old 08-17-2014, 12:46 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LauraandChris
Good morning, Original Problem: Passenger side window will only go down, not up. I waited a few days and tried to put it up during cooler weather and it went up all of the way one more time. By mistake, I forgot and put it down one day and have never been able to get it to go up since. Yesterday I tried trouble-shooting my power window situation and have made the following observations. 1. Was able to remove the driver side switches, take them apart and clean them all. I noticed that there was a lot of metal degradation in the contacts for the passenger side window. All contacts were cleaned. 2. Was unable to remove the passenger side switches to check for dirt and degradation (it seems you almost need to break the switch and the console to get it out?) 3. Used a continuity electrical meter to check for signals and wiring: checking from the passenger side door switch, when depressing the driver side passenger window up (light goes on), down (light does not go on). Very strange since the problem was the window would not go up. When depressing the passenger side window up (light goes on), down (light goes on). Also weird, since the window would not go up. 4. Removed passenger side door panel to check the motor. Powered the passenger window motor manually (with truck battery) and not a sound was heard. Does this indicate my motor has failed completely? Originally, the problem was that the window would only go down and not up, but when applying direct battery power I can't make the motor do anything, not go down, not even make a sound? I'm not sure what to conclude from all of these symptoms. Also - if the passenger side motor really is pooched, is it difficult to install a new one? It seems like really tight quarters in and around the door? Thanks so much, in advance! Laura and Chris
Sounds like your regulator is toast. It's very simple to change out. You got a good start by getting the door panel off. Once you do tape the window up in the window with masking tape. Like over the door and on both sides of glass to hold it up. Be sure to tape it a bunch of times, don't want it to fall down. Then there are clamps that clamp to the bottom of the window in the hollow part if the door. You'll need to loosen these so you can remove it from the glass. Then there are four bolts that hold in a regulator. Remove them and unplug the pigtail and remove the regulator. You'll have to collapse it slightly. It's made of cables and pulleys, you'll want to try to squeeze it together till it will fit through the whole in the. Install is just the reverse. You'll want power up the regulator till the clamps are on the glass and you can tighten them down. I suggest buying a new regulator first and looking at it so you can see what to remove in the door. I think I have an old write up somewhere where I installed power windows in my old truck. I'll try to dig it up for you.
The following users liked this post:
LauraandChris (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yep....what he said...except, most of the time you can't get to the clamps with the window up....lower it a bit so you can get to them, then tape it in place....also, I NEVER raise the regulator to the glass, I lower the glass to the regulator.....and, yes, I do this particular job alot in my shop....you think a 150 is bad, I did a Fusion on Friday and it was 100X worse....lol
The following users liked this post:
LauraandChris (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by ford4wd08
Sounds like your regulator is toast. It's very simple to change out. You got a good start by getting the door panel off. Once you do tape the window up in the window with masking tape. Like over the door and on both sides of glass to hold it up. Be sure to tape it a bunch of times, don't want it to fall down. Then there are clamps that clamp to the bottom of the window in the hollow part if the door. You'll need to loosen these so you can remove it from the glass. Then there are four bolts that hold in a regulator. Remove them and unplug the pigtail and remove the regulator. You'll have to collapse it slightly. It's made of cables and pulleys, you'll want to try to squeeze it together till it will fit through the whole in the. Install is just the reverse. You'll want power up the regulator till the clamps are on the glass and you can tighten them down. I suggest buying a new regulator first and looking at it so you can see what to remove in the door. I think I have an old write up somewhere where I installed power windows in my old truck. I'll try to dig it up for you.
Thanks so much for the info - gonna keep on givin' er. Take care and if you do find that other info on the installation of the power windows that would be awesome. Laura
Old 08-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by racecrew25
yep....what he said...except, most of the time you can't get to the clamps with the window up....lower it a bit so you can get to them, then tape it in place....also, I NEVER raise the regulator to the glass, I lower the glass to the regulator.....and, yes, I do this particular job alot in my shop....you think a 150 is bad, I did a Fusion on Friday and it was 100X worse....lol
Hey, sounds good! Gonna give er' another go. Laura

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 F-150 Supercab Passenger Side Power Window will not go up!