Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 XLT Mini Message Center Gauage Cluster Outside Temperature English to Metric

Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 XLT Mini Message Center Gauage Cluster Outside Temperature English to Metric

I own a 2006 F150 XLT 4x4. I understand the outside temperature display can be changed between Celsius (Metric scale) and Fahrenheit (English scale). However, as the gauge cluster in this truck has the mini message center it must be taken to a Ford dealership to do this. Does anyone know if this change also affects the odometer? For example right now the outside temperature shows is in Fahrenheit and the odometer shows in miles. If the dealership was to change the outside temperature display to Celsius would the odometer automatically be changed to kilometers? Or will the odometer always stay calibrated in miles no matter what temperature scale is used for the displaying the outside temperature?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Mugicinal Engineer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My truck can change Fahrenheit to Celsius and miles to kilometers and I can do it from those 3 buttons right next to the steering wheel.

If your truck is like mine you can change it very easily, here's a quick video I made to show you:

http://youtu.be/aTpPkQ1bGeU

Last edited by Stone Roots; 01-24-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. My truck does not have these three buttons as it is a lower model. I believe only the higher end trucks such asthe Lariat, King Ranch, Harley, Limited, and Lincoln trucks have the three buttons you are referring to. My truck has the mini message center and the single rod/button that protrudes directly from the gauge cluster. I quickly found some photos on the internet of the type of gauge cluster which isin my truck. Please help, thank you.

2006 XLT Mini Message Center Gauage Cluster Outside Temperature English to Metric-gauges.jpg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 XLT Mini Message Center Gauage Cluster Outside Temperature English to Metric