Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 dash cluster FIXED !!!

Old 07-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 dash cluster FIXED !!!

Awhile back I lost power to the dash gauges , power windows , radio and interior lights . I checked all fuses, grounds, tapped this, banged that , nothing. Took it into a ASE certified repair shop , they said it was the cluster, an 800.00 dollar repair. Remove , send to repair center then to Ford dealer for reset , the replace.

Not having the dough , I looked online , youtube showed the 5 minute removal process , and found a cluster repair shop in Oklahoma . I sent it out for repair. HE called and said my unit was working fine and offered to return it no cost. Just to be safe, I asked him to get a used working unit and clone it with milage which he did .

175.00 and I'm up and running again !!

Not to bash any repair shops but 800.00 bucks ? Come on now..
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If your original cluster was working , what fixed the problem ?
Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It had to be an intermittant problem with the cluster. I let the truck sit for 24 hours or more with the battery disconnected , used air to clean plug connectors , cleaned all grounds even tho they showed good with a meter . The cluster was NOT working while hooked up to my truck but as soon as the guy got it on his bench he claimed it was operational , tried tapping it,, checking voltage ect . Nothing. It's possible it was jarred during transport to his place, I don't know. All i do know is that I plugged in the cloned cluster and bada bing bada boom !! I'm on the road again .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 dash cluster FIXED !!!