Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 Supercrew Lariat, Radio stays on forever. Not purple wire splice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Supercrew Lariat, Radio stays on forever. Not purple wire splice.

Looking for some troubleshooting tips. Just within the last week, my radio stays on after the key is removed and door opened. It stays on forever unless I turn it off. I do not suspect the door switch because the radio stays on after all doors are opened, also, if key is left in, the door chime sounds. The dome lights work as they should when door is opened and closed. I have read many threads about the purple wire 2 to 1 splice in the rear door sill. Mine is not faulty. Instead of hockey tape, mine was heat shrink and sealant. I cut it open to be sure there was no corrosion. Another interesting note; when the key is removed and door open, if I try a window switch, the radio goes silent as long as the switch is pressed. The window barely moves then stops. When the switch is released the radio is playing again. Does anyone have an idea what I should check next to troubleshoot the problem. The radio is an aftermarket android head unit which I installed a few months ago.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:15 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

This is the 3rd time you've posted this. I deleted the second one and I will be deleting this one as well. Continue the conversation in the original post here.