Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 f150 fx4 vacuum issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 f150 fx4 vacuum issue

Hey guys my 05 fx4 has been running real rough and stalling. I have read many threads on The site and am going through trying to diagnose what's going on. I have cleaned throttle body and MAF also put in a new fuel filter. Next I am try to search for a vacuum leak. I pulled the line off the passenger side valve cover right behind the vct solenoid and there was no suction. Shouldn't that have suction on it there all the other lines I spot checked had suction. Can anyone elude to if that is a problem right there or if it's not in fact supposed to have suction?

Thanks - Frank
Old 04-28-2016, 06:12 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Rough Idle and stalling ... plugs / COP’s / FPDM how many miles on your motor ? when was the last time you changed plugs ? Vacuum leaks normally set a DTC .. is your CEL on ?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No codes have ever come up, the last owner changed the plugs and wire around 5 years ago. I estimate there is probably around 40k+ on them. I have not checked the fpdm yet. Truck has 140k on it and I run motorcraft 5w-20 and motorcraft filter. I ordered a scan tool so I can check live data/mod6 and see if the fuel pressure is not where its supposed to be. I pulled the VCT solenoids to see if they were damaged as I read they could lead to a rough running engine. The one was ok but the driver side had holes in the mesh so I replaced those. Thought maybe the one my be stuck open. No real improvement after changing them. I was also looking into maybe a fuel injector issue? Its a 2005 and I have read about all the issues with them. I listened to each injector and they are all firing. Next i was going to check the resistance. it that checks out will that mean the are 100% or is there no way to tell how well it is spraying? Also since i got this truck used is there a way to tell if these are original injectors or if they were arleady changed?

Quick Reply: 2005 f150 fx4 vacuum issue