Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 F150 5.4 Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2005 F150 5.4 Won't Start

Hello everyone! I'm the third owner of my truck and I've had it for about 3 months now. I'm new to this forum and hoping that you can help me out a bit. It's a rather long story, but I'll try to shorten it up...

Truck Info:
2005 Ford F-150 FX4 5.4

about 3 weeks ago I took my truck in to the dealership to have the A/C fixed, they replaced the condenser and compressor. About a week and a half after that, I left work work one morning and my truck died on me at the stop light. I could not get it to start back and had it towed back into the dealership thinking maybe the compressor locked up. They claimed that when they went to work on it that day, that it fired right up. However, they plugged in the tester and found that the readings on the mass airflow were off so they replaced it, thinking that might be the issue. I went and picked it up that afternoon, drove it home and it died as I pulled into the driveway. Again, I could not get it to start back up. I had it towed back in, and again they claimed that it worked fine for them all day and didn't shut off. They claimed they drove it all over town and it worked fine, so I went and picked it up and drove it for about a week until it cut off while I was driving on Thursday afternoon. I had the code scanner with me this time, so I ran the codes and these are what I got:

P0320 - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit
P0344 - Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent bank 1 or single sensor
P0349 - camshaft position sensor a circuit intermittent bank 2
P2106 - throttle actuator control system - forced limited power

I had it towed home, and after waiting a couple of hours, it fired up and I pulled it into the garage. I did some research and some people suggested to replace the crank position sensor and plug, so I swapped those out on Friday. However, it appears that the issue got worse. Rather than starting up intermittently and running fine or starting and then dying, it just cranks indefinitely. I put the old sensor back in, and same thing. Also, it isn't showing any codes or a check engine light. Any help or direction would be appreciated...

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 5.4 Won't Start