Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 F150 won't start and remote starter issues

Old 02-28-2017, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 F150 won't start and remote starter issues

I have a 2004 5.4L 4x4 F150 that won't start.

I went to start it and it wouldn't start and was making the clicking sounds like the battery needed to be jumped even though the battery had tested during a recent oil change.

I tried jumping it but it still wouldn't start and the clicking sounds stopped. All the lights stayed strong whenever trying to turn the ignition and didn't fade.

Checked the fuses and relays and everything looked good.

I think the starter needs replacing. But my brother wanted to try to reset the remote start bypass (iDatalink ADS-TB (16)). He did that without knowing 2 keys were needed to reprogram it and that I only have 1 key.

So I've had a new key made by a locksmith that's supposed to have a unique transponder chip. He assured me it would not be a clone of my existing key. However, since the truck won't start I don't really know if the key works or not. He assured me it should work. He also made a key for my brother's car and it did work.

I've tried to re-program the bypass module with both keys but cannot get it to work. I put key #1 in and turn it to ON until the LED turns solid red and then turns off. Then I turn key #1 to OFF and remove it. Then repeat with key #2. Then press and release the bypass module programming button and try key #2 again. The LED lights up and the bypass module makes a clicking noise and then the LED stays lit solid red and never changes.

I know I've got a couple different issues going on here but any help you can give would be great.

Search this Thread