Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 F150 STX - complete transformation

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2004 F150 STX - complete transformation

hello all! i am a first time poster here so bear with me.....i have a 2004 STX 5.4L Triton that i plan on doing a lot of work on. my hope is to have a fun little "rodded" out truck to cruise around in but i have a few questions concerning some of the mods i want to do. any help would be great!

a little info about my plans - i have the 2004 STX that is plane jane no power windows or locks, automatic with the 5.4L. interior is grey with rubber matting instead of carpet. i also have a 2006 FX4 in my possesion that was "totalled" out as a backup parts truck if needed.

i have no power windows or locks...is it possible to pull the doors off of the FX4 with power everything and put it on mine?

same with the instument panel - i know you can do the swap, how difficult is it?

same with the console shift -

is there a good place to find oem parts? i have looked but havent really found a site that is organized enough to find anything i need.

does anybody know a good supercharger for the 5.4? i am a noob when it comes to forced induction.

i have plenty more questions but i am currently just trying to get a detailed list together of my wants, needs, and pricing.

this is a big project WAY out of my comfort zone but i figured "why not?" i am bored with my truck but i really enjoy not having payments on a new one! i have a very extensive background rebuilding cars; albiet late '60's, early 70's muscle cars. i have a fully restored '69 chevelle SS and a '70 mustang fastback with a 390 engine swap. i know my way around a car pretty well but know NOTHING on fuel injected vehicles or any of the electronics. i have watched this site for several months now and everyone seems very helpful so i was hoping i could get in on it too. any info or suggestions would be great, thanks!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

Just out of curiosity, how'd you end up with an STX with a 5.4 when all of them came standard with a 4.6? At least for that year model they did. Later ones were available with a 4.2 but never a 5.4 unless a motor swap was done.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its sad that i have had this arguement more than once. i have a 2004 F150 STX with a 5.4L STOCK! i apologize if you cannot believe that, but yes it was an option and yes, its what i am working with right now.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

Well first off, I wasn't trying to start an argument. It was just a question.
Second, if that's true, then cool beans. Have fun with your project.
Unsubscribing.

Quick Reply: 2004 F150 STX - complete transformation