2004 F150 Lariat 49K Misfire cyl 5&6
Had an intermitent jerking around 50 mph, thought it was the tranny, however, as it grew progressively worse it became obvious that its misfiring. Finally got a couple of codes today P0305 & P0306.
1. What are the locations for cylinders 5&6?
2. I think these are oppossing, if so what would be the likelyhood that two COP or two plugs went bad at the same time?
3. Could there be a circuit or sensor that these two cylinders share that may be causing the problem?
4. Plugs are suppossed to last 100K, and I keep reading they tend to brake off so I'm a bit apprehensive about swapping them out just to rule them out, is this a likely cause?
5. Could a dying fuel pump or clogged fuel filter be causing this?
6. Any recommendations on a good affordable code reader?
7. On occassion I've noticed the engine starts up almost immediately after I turn the key, much quicker than it ever has, can this be a symptom of a failing injector, and are the 2004, injectors as bad as the 2005 everyone seems to be griping about?
Thanks for your help.