Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 2wd 2.5" lift, front struts, wheel bearings

Old 04-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2004 2wd 2.5" lift, front struts, wheel bearings

Hey Folks! You can see by the topic what I'm looking at doing to my '04 Lariat. There are SOO many posts out there about these things that it just plain gets confusing. I've got a wheel bearing on the front passenger side that I need to replace so I think I can figure that out. Already got the parts from Ford to do both sides. (Is that necessary to do both if you know you only need one?) My front struts (shocks and springs, right?) seem to be fine but with 205k on the truck, should I go ahead and replace them since I'm going to be replacing wheel bearings? And where is the best place to get these? Ford? (I don't really want to give up an arm or a leg at this point in my life since I just spent $256 for the wheel bearings / rotors!) On the lift, I'm just thinking about getting some that I have seen on Ebay motors which are roughly about $50. You just bolt these things to the top of your struts. Is that cool or am I being too cheap? A lot of questions I know but I'm trying to save money! Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:25 PM

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts

About the lift.
It's a normal thing to have the spacer at the top of the strut. Some people like to go with the longer adjustable struts for a softer ride but I like the way my 2.5 rides.
The following users liked this post:
EyeLuvMeyeF150 (04-19-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeLuvMeyeF150
Hey Folks! You can see by the topic what I'm looking at doing to my '04 Lariat. There are SOO many posts out there about these things that it just plain gets confusing. I've got a wheel bearing on the front passenger side that I need to replace so I think I can figure that out. Already got the parts from Ford to do both sides. (Is that necessary to do both if you know you only need one?) My front struts (shocks and springs, right?) seem to be fine but with 205k on the truck, should I go ahead and replace them since I'm going to be replacing wheel bearings? And where is the best place to get these? Ford? (I don't really want to give up an arm or a leg at this point in my life since I just spent $256 for the wheel bearings / rotors!) On the lift, I'm just thinking about getting some that I have seen on Ebay motors which are roughly about $50. You just bolt these things to the top of your struts. Is that cool or am I being too cheap? A lot of questions I know but I'm trying to save money! Any help would be appreciated!
I used a rough country 2.5 in. Level kit when I lifted my 06. I also replaced the front struts with Monroe quickstruts and the wheel bearings with the centric upgrade kit, rides great now. I would definitely recommend the centric bearings and the rough country lift kit with upgraded rear shocks it was definitely worth the money over the cheap ebay spacer only kit.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:38 PM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry, double post
Old 04-18-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I went with the Rancho RS999909 Quick Lift Loaded Struts on my 08 about a year ago and have been very pleased with them. They are not the cheapest option but you get an excellent 9 position adjustable dampening strut as a bonus.
http://www.gorancho.com/products/lev...150-rwd-394196
Old 04-19-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies. I will definitely look into your suggestions!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 2wd 2.5" lift, front struts, wheel bearings