Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

12v source for led footwells?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 12v source for led footwells?

Hey guy I'm pretty new here and don't know a whole lot about the wiring and such of trucks so I'm looking for some help. I want to install some led footwell lights on my truck but I'm not sure how to power them? i think the easiest and probably best way to do it would be to use a fuse tap and tap into a constant 12v fuse. I am just not sure which fuse to tap into?? Could I tap into the fuse for the radio and then when the radio comes on my lights will come on? It says on the fuse diagram that the radio fuse is a 5 amp fuse if that makes any difference.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can provide.
Thanks.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kelmo409
Hey guy I'm pretty new here and don't know a whole lot about the wiring and such of trucks so I'm looking for some help. I want to install some led footwell lights on my truck but I'm not sure how to power them? i th nk the easiest and probably best way to do it would be to use a fuse tap and tap into a constant 12v fuse. I am just not sure which fuse to tap into?? Could I tap into the fuse for the radio and then when the radio comes on my lights will come on? It says on the fuse diagram that the radio fuse is a 5 amp fuse if that makes any difference.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can provide.
Thanks.
The likey hood your leds would pull mor e than 5a is slim to none. Personally I wouldnt want those on all the time while I was driving so I would tap it into the dome circuit so they light up when the doors open or I use the light switch on the dash.

If you want them on all the time however I would suggest that you tap into your panel lights so that the leds come on with the dash lights and you can dim/brighten the lights as yiu see fit. Otherwise the radio acc on wire wilk work for what u wana do.

Quick Reply: 12v source for led footwells?