Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

'07 Supercrew issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default '07 Supercrew issue

For the last couple of months I've been having a problem with my 07 Supercrew. Mostly notice it when it is first driven before complete warm-up.During the drive it will start jerking/stuttering.It has never tripped a code while doing this and when it does it according to the tach the engine rpm's never change or fluctuate. At first I thought it may be one or more plugs or coil packs going bad or something fuel related.Now I'm wondering if it could be related to the transmission.I bought the truck used about 18 months ago,it had approximately 80,000 miles on it when purchased. What made got me to thinking something in the transmission causing this is the fact that the truck has a set of airbags mounted on the rear axle installed by the PO and could have been used to pull a large camper or boat regularly.I did recently have the transmission and cooling system serviced and my mechanic did not notice anything unusual.I did have a problem with a failure to start a couple of months back had it checked out and the only thing the mechanic could figure out was maybe the fuel shut-off inertia switch could be acting up,has started fine since then.Was wondering if anyone here has experienced any thing like this? Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Put a scanner on it and check all numbers. I wonder if you're having a fuel pressure issue (bad filter / FPDM most likely in that case).
Old 08-17-2015, 09:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When this first started happening the first thing I did was replace the fuel filter and when it was in the shop for the failure to start and my mechanic suspected the fuel inertia switch he had the truck two days and could not find anything.I've known him personally for close to 30 years and runs a very reputable shop.

Last edited by sammyg; 08-17-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:53 PM
NCgraywolf

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet it is your plugs. I did mine 2008 at 56,000 miles due to a cold engine missing and shudder. It was only at 1000 rpm and 40 mph when cold. I just knew it was a bad sensor but the problem went away when I changed plugs. If you change plugs, have a Lisle broken spark plug removal set (about $60 online from Rockauto.com) and a day to do the work on a cold engine. Look up all the videos and comments on the forum and you can do the job. I broke two plugs but the truck has driven smooth as silk since then.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

A couple easy and simple things to do before tossing money at it.
Clean MAF
Clean Throttle body
Check out your FPDM.~drop spare tire, and see if it's corroded through or split.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I let off on the gas going downhill, my truck would jerk the moment I started to accelerate at the base of the next hill. It felt like a transmission problem, but I replaced all of the coils as recommended on this forum and it completely went away. I had fairly recently done the plugs and much earlier replaced the throttle body.

Derek

Quick Reply: '07 Supercrew issue