Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

05 scab style side Realtree edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 05 scab style side Realtree edition

starting a build thread on my 05 f150 scab i got 2 months ago after totaling my 02 screw.

to start i got a pretty good deal on the truck with 145000 on it.

white is my personal preference as it opens up to more options as far as how i want it too look.

5.4l xlt still looking for a good deal on rims because these chrome ones are hideous.

first thing i did was an led conversion on my interior lights
then i added the camo wrap along the rockers and my deck trim and interior door trim and am deciding if i want to do a front and back window visor or not with the left over camo on my buddys graphics cutter.

i just installed a FUEL FLEX ethanol conversion kit from fuel flex international so i can run e85 efficiently. i know i lose gas mileage from it but im in the ethanol industry so i got a hell of a deal on the kit plus some added incentive. ive lost about 40 miles per tank but it also recently got alot colder since i installed it. other than that the truck seems to run better and have a noticeable gain in power.

trying to figure out what i want to do to get a 2-3 inch level lift for a decent price. not a full suspension lift. opinions would be great.

i have replaced the starter with a brand new one since the old one was going out and i had to kit it with a screw driver to get it to start, that was a huge PITA but i finally got it after snapping only one bolt

let me know your opinions on what i should do next. may PTM my bumbers or paint black not sure yet.
Attached Thumbnails 05 scab style side Realtree edition-image-4-.jpg   05 scab style side Realtree edition-image-3-.jpg   05 scab style side Realtree edition-image-2-.jpg   05 scab style side Realtree edition-image-1-.jpg   05 scab style side Realtree edition-image-5-.jpg  

05 scab style side Realtree edition-image-6-.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Love the idea you got going but its a Flareside...Join the flareside club!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:59 PM

I knew it was something other than a step side ha. Thanks for the fill in
Old 12-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by colevig
I knew it was something other than a step side ha. Thanks for the fill in
No problem!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 PM

cant seem to figure out how to edit my thread or post but im aware of the flareside mistake. im looking into a level for my truck wondering where to measure to find our what my rake is so i know if i need a 1 or 1.5inch lift. also im looking for a factory grill i can get for free or cheap. im going to tinker around and mount a20-30 inch led bar in the grill not behind it. like one of the sema trucks i saw. if anyone has one let me know. thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll probably want at least a 2 inch level. To measure, take a tape measurer and measure from the ground to highest point of the wheel well so that the tape is going right through the center of your wheel. The difference between front and back will be the level size you need.
The following users liked this post:
colevig (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:50 PM

I'd like to also put blocks in the rear if possible. Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: 05 scab style side Realtree edition