Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

'05 F150 DJM 4" Flip Kit, what air bags will work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 F150 DJM 4" Flip Kit, what air bags will work?

DJM 4" Flip kit...which air bags will work?
I have a 2005 F150 SuperCrew 2WD I lowered with 2" Eibach springs upfront and 3" leafs and 1.5" lowering shackls in the rear. I recently bought a boat that I will be towing all over this summer. The ride was horrible so I decided to re-lower my truck with the DJM 4" flip kit with lifting hanger and factory shackle. Now when I hook up my boat, because the OEM leaf springs are softer than the Eibachs, my truck squats and I fear rubbing my tires (305/35/24) on the fender. I have seen people use the McGaughy Air Assit bag kit with an air bag spacer for lifted trucks but those threads are several years old. Everytime I search for a Mcgaughy Air bag kit 70013 the images do not look likethose of the same kits others have used. Also, I only seen those used with the lifting shackle so my leaf springs are angled a little more with my OEM shackle. I know Slam Air by Air Lift has a kit but reading the install instructions there is a mounting a tab that goes in between the leaf pack and axle alignment pin and I don't see how that will work since the alignmnt pin is only so long and what little meat is on there, I need it to keep the rear end from moving. Any suggestions or help is much appreciated. Looking for a solution asap!

Quick Reply: '05 F150 DJM 4" Flip Kit, what air bags will work?