Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 F150 FX4 Signal light problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 F150 FX4 Signal light problems

Hi everyone,

I just purchased an 04 FX4 and love it! But... my signal lights stopped working tonight. This is what happened (a little tough to explain and probably sounds stupid, but I'll try...):

I have an auto dim mirror and behind the mirror there is a plastic "box" (not sure how else to explain it) that broke off and was hanging by the wire connecting it to the mirror. The wire that runs from the mirror to this box pulled out of the plastic clip.

Since that happened, my signals no longer work! I tried reconnecting the wires how I think they should be and still no luck. What's interesting is if I signal left, and put on the brakes, the left brake light goes out.

I have to believe that this wiring harness for the mirror has something to do with it because everything was fine prior to the piece coming apart...

Also in playing around with the wiring for only an hour or so, it killed my battery (or appeared to) as the truck would turn over very slowly. I find this hard to believe as a battery should last much longer. So I think the problem might be more than just signals... anyway after the truck sat for 20 min, it started right up!

So I know this was hard to explain, but I'm hoping someone out there can help me... I just bought this truck (sold my dodge ram) and don't get me wrong, I love the Ford... but problems already after only a week!!!

Thanks to everyone,

Kent
Old 07-24-2010, 12:38 AM

Default ...more...

I just realized that my plea for help sounds crazy... where someone can say "just fix the wire that pulled from the clip"... I guess I'm trying to figure out why this wire has anything to do with my turn signals.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 PM

Default Solved

Ok got this figured out. Of course I checked the signal light fuse and it was ok. However fude #19 "Chronographic mirror" (or something like that) was blown. I guess when the harness broke, wires touched and burnt out the fuse.

Still a mystery why the mirror effects signals, when signals already have their own fuse... oh well... at least it's fixed.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

There is a reverse signal going to the mirror (to undim it for backing up at night), may have something to do with that.

Quick Reply: 04 F150 FX4 Signal light problems