Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You all are scaring me

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You all are scaring me

Dealer called Saturday and said the truck I've been waiting for arrived. Black on black Screw FX4 EC with luxury package. I plan to make the 4 hour trip to the dealer I'm buying from this Saturday. Problem is, every time I check the forums all I read about is blown trannys, bad shifting, unknown vibrations, and other problems. Don't make me reconsider purchasing this truck!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 AM
BOOMER-SOONER!!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I know that others comments and issues can leave you wondering and worried.

Like someone else on this site said.
It is only a small percentage of people that are on these sites exploiting their issues and a lot of owners come to sites like these to find out if they are alone or not.
Ford sells thousands of these trucks every year and you only see a few bad apples show up in these sites. If it were truly that bad or big of a problem you would see it exploited in the consumer media for sure.

I’m sure you can be confident in your purchase and will enjoy it for years to come. Just remember to break it in as directed in the manual, meaning ...don't take your 0-miles truck out and try and see what she can do. She'll take care of you if you take care of her.

Now go enjoy your new truck and show us some pictures!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:02 AM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

I had a 15 year old vw. I experienced none of the known issues/problems that people were posting on the forums. In my own personal experience owning that car and being on forums, only people who are having problems post their issues. A person not having problems will not post a thread. How many threads do you see of people praising their truck and saying nothing is broken?

Don't worry about it. You'll be fine. If you do ever have any problems that's what warranty is for.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 705 Likes on 547 Posts

Don't worry, the ajority have no issues. I years ago had a tranny problen in an Escape and also came onto forums to bitch and complain, but I was the minority. With 100's of thousands of vehicles out there door there will always be some with issues. Since then I am on my third and non issues.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tranny in my 2010 has no issues and the truck seems to be a good quality build all round - no complaints at all.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

I don't worry about the things you mention. They are a non-issue for me. These things are not perfect and the manufacturers know it. That's why they give you a warranty. Buy it. Drive it. And don't be a worry wort.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 AM

I'm still planning on going through with it. It just tames my excitement a little when I see all the problems posted.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by N10sivern
Dealer called Saturday and said the truck I've been waiting for arrived. Black on black Screw FX4 EC with luxury package. I plan to make the 4 hour trip to the dealer I'm buying from this Saturday. Problem is, every time I check the forums all I read about is blown trannys, bad shifting, unknown vibrations, and other problems. Don't make me reconsider purchasing this truck!
If your truck is just now arriving, it was built outside the timeframe of the potential tranny problem. Just get your truck and enjoy, no need to worry.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 AM

My week has sucked so far. They called Saturday to let me know it arrived. I work out of town and told them I couldn't get by there until this Friday or Saturday. On my way to work Sunday evening my 2003 Avalanche died about 3 blocks from the hospital I work at. Fuel pump is out. Now I have to throw money at the truck I'm getting rid of. I had a coworker tow me to a local shop who confirmed it was the fuel pump. Problem is, they thought they would take advantage of me and said it would be $1200 to fix it. They said the acdelco pump for my truck was $550 which is complete BS since I can buy that fuel pump for $250 shipped. They said the cheapest pump they could get was $450. They wanted $80 for the fuel filter which is a $15 item. I ended up ordering a Delphi fuel pump and acdelco filter with next day shipping and it was only $212. Now I just gotta get my truck home ao I can change out the pump myself. I'm not even gonna drop the tank. I'm just gonna pull the carpet back and cut a hole in the floorboard under the rear seat to access and change the pump out. It'll be quicker and easier since my tank has about 20 gallons of gas in it. I'll just silicone or JB Weld the part I cut out back, cover it ip with the carpet, and get rid of the truck. I will say that the Avalanche hasn't been a bad truck. Bunch of little problems but this is my most major repair since I bought it in 2005.

Last edited by N10sivern; 08-23-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOMER-Red
I know that others comments and issues can leave you wondering and worried.

Like someone else on this site said.
It is only a small percentage of people that are on these sites exploiting their issues and a lot of owners come to sites like these to find out if they are alone or not.
Ford sells thousands of these trucks every year and you only see a few bad apples show up in these sites. If it were truly that bad or big of a problem you would see it exploited in the consumer media for sure.

I’m sure you can be confident in your purchase and will enjoy it for years to come. Just remember to break it in as directed in the manual, meaning ...don't take your 0-miles truck out and try and see what she can do. She'll take care of you if you take care of her.

Now go enjoy your new truck and show us some pictures!
I agree with this, not a single problem at all for me and I have 25K miles on mine.

Quick Reply: You all are scaring me