Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF? My Ecoboost does not have so much stuff everyone else has

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Back from the dark side

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Talking WTF? My Ecoboost does not have so much stuff everyone else has

What's going on? I'm starting to get really ticked off. It seems like I did not get what I paid for. It says on this forum that all ecoboosts have a driveline clunk. Mine does not have this. It says on this forum that all ecoboosts shudder. I can't make mine shudder, no matter what I do or how cold it gets. This truck listed for almost $52000, I feel like I was ripped off because I did not get the shuddering feature. My intercooler does not get full of water. I thought a water cooler came standard with the ecoboost so you could get a nice cold drink of water on those long drives. My sync keeps the connection everytime all the time. This is so annoying that I don't have the drop connection feature for those times the boss calls while I'm on the way home from the office. Darned Microsoft software. My ecoboost climbs hills very well and can even accelerate going up a hill. I seem to be missing the chattering feature most ecoboost owners have when they try to climb a hill. Why would anyone want to climb a hill? Still, I'm mad because I don't have the hill climb feature, unless it's buried in the menu somewhere. Maybe it's just for Raptors, like hill descent?

About three times a week I read a thread on here with a title like "Do all ecoboosts do [fill in the blank]". Mine never seems to do any of those things. I'm taking it back to the dealer on Monday. Lemon Law, here we come. I paid a lot of money for this ecoboost. It needs to have all the features.

Do you think these issues will be covered by the warranty?

Now my third cousin, once removed, has a fiance whose brother-in-law bought a 5.0 and it makes 743.2946 HP at the rear wheels as measured on the Bu-TTox Dyno, and his 5.0 has all these features.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Race Red '12 XLT SCrew EB

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Same here. WTF? Lets start a Facebook page and start the lemon law process without giving Ford a chance when they put in writing they are aware and working on a fix.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Please let me know how the dealership approaches your concerns. I would be interested knowing what can be done because I'm also missing all those features. ;-)

Cheers
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm with you hemigod, my 2011 Lariat eco had none of those features so I traded it in on a 2012 Platinum eco in hopes of some love from ford but the new truck came with none of the features you mentioned. I'm thinkin class action....
Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Get it to the dealer right away so they can fix it.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm guessing the OP rarely gets to buy fresh gasoline too... ; )
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

You should consider yourselves lucky. Enjoy your problem free trucks.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

I ordered mine without all that extra stuff. I sure hope none of that extra stuff finds its way on my truck.

Maybe those extras come from a certain plant. Where was yours built?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

lol
post of the week
Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Race Red '12 XLT SCrew EB

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MT-Ford
Get it to the dealer right away so they can fix it.
No, first we much join all the f150 forums we can find and clog up all threads with how our trucks didn't come equipped with all the standard features. Also ask about lemon law statutes before contacting our dealer because after reading the forums we know more than the dealer's service dept. All they do is give us the run around because they don't know anything about our trucks.

[/sarcasm]

I shouldn't be this insensitive as I am sure some f150 owners are experiencing troubles. It is inevitable. If it has a skirt or wheels you will have problems with it. How many of you came from earlier f150's? If you did you are well aware of the driveline clunk, water in the coil packs, and broken spark plug issues of the earlier trucks. Tundra has the bed flex, not sure if the accelerator thing applied to them. My father's 98.5 1 ton cummins ram has had the tranny rebuilt once, two torque converters, new high and low pressure pumps, and cracked exhaust manifold all before 150,000. My 94.5 power stroke has had an injector replaced and needs another now, replaced clutch and clutch master cylinder, has a broken leaf in the front leaf..., when I worked for BNSF our suburban crew van had 3 motors before 250,000. It's expedition replacement has coil packs replaced almost every time it gets washed and ate a lobe off the cam at around 120,000 miles.

What I am trying to say is poopoo happens. Most of the time we don't get the short end. When we do it is frustrating and aggravating. I understand that. I have experienced it. The people on here are still lucky enough to have a warranty. Get your issues documented at the dealer. If they don't want to help you, find one who will. Then use this little known called patience to let Ford work out a fix for problems they know about. Everything in this society anymore is expected to be instantaneous and I feel it is becoming one of our biggest shortfalls. I have very little, but apparently it is much more than quite a few users here.

Last edited by EBinMT; 04-28-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quick Reply: WTF? My Ecoboost does not have so much stuff everyone else has