Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Work truck mods, lets see yours

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Resident light whore

Received 751 Likes on 614 Posts

Default Work truck mods, lets see yours

I swear I saw a thread on this before, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I figured I'd start a new one. My dad just got a new work truck, 2013 XL 4x4 SCrew 5.0. I was wanting to see what kinds of cheap, functional, mods you guys have came up with as far as like back seat organizers, bed organizers, whatever it may be. Again, want to keep it on the cheap side, but it'd be cool to see what you guys have so post it up!

I know the $50 thread has some neat stuff as well, but not all of it is geared directly at work truck functionality.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:29 PM
aut vinceri aut mori

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have an scab. I built a box out of plywood and painted it with Rustoleum truck bed liner and mounted it under the rear seat. I removed the jack and plate that the jack mounts too and used one of the bolts to secure the box so it won't move around. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:51 PM
aut vinceri aut mori

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Didn't get a chance at the pics today, but I will try again tomorrow.

My future mods are;

Weatherguard crossover tool box to keep all of my tools, rain gear, Carhartts, spot lights, log chains, rubber boots, etc. in. This will help to "unclutter" my back seat.

2 inch level. I seem to drag that plastic cowling quite often, so I figure to raise the front a couple of inches.

12K winch. Already have the winch, just need to pick up the Rough Country plate that mounts your winch behind the bumper. With bad weather on the way, I'm sure I'll need it since I always travel the backroads alone and in places where cell phones and radios don't work.

Replace center, useless, jump seat with a home made console. That seat makes a blind spot for me and inhibits reaching into the back seat to retrieve things without getting out and opening the back door. It also does not have any cup holders or useful storage. It's gotta go.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Resident light whore

Received 751 Likes on 614 Posts

He's already switched his tool box over from his other truck and got his sync all set up with his phone. He's got quite few Rubbermaid boxes in the bed, but he wants to do something under the seat to be in the cab and dry. He was laughing the other day because this new truck is cavernous compared to the 08 single cab Silverado he had
Work truck mods, lets see yours-image-1569991729.jpg

Quick Reply: Work truck mods, lets see yours