Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 477 Likes on 271 Posts

Default Wiring connectors

Hey all. I am working on installing some superduty upfitter switches in my truck. I am trying to rewire some of the stock wiring. Long story short, I would like to replace a couple of the connectors. I have searched the interwebs and the mouser website looking for connectors and pins. I have had no luck though.

I thought I had found a replacement connector for the plug to the back of the switches themself, but it turns out, what I found is the same as the 4x4 switch and not the upfitter switches, so I am no the look again.

The connector itself has numerous markings. The lock piece is marked with PBT-GF30.

The connecter is marked with what I think is SPS-GF30.

I initially thought that I needed to be looking for an 8-pin connection, but as can be seen both pieces also have an MXN 12 designation which seems to indicate I should be looking for a 12-pin connector. I cannot find anything though. Anybody have any idea how to decipher these notations, so I can locate the appropriate connector. I was able to find the actual pins completely by luck since they are the same as what is used for the power fold mirror mod.

In addition, I had tried to splice power from the stock trailer brake controller. Unfortunately, this didn't work and I would like to remove the splices and return it back to stock. I am looking for the appropriate pin to be used in the connector, which is marked PB1-1 on the front and PBT-G15 on the back. If anyone can help me to locate the appropriate pin for this I would be grateful again.

Thanks in advance for any help. PS. I tried to post this in the Electrical how-To forum, but apparently, I don't have access to post there.

Last edited by larryo108; 10-24-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Triton

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Probably not what your wanting but I ended up just buying the harness and cutting off about 4 inches of wiring and the connector. Did a simple wiring job using some relays that came with my lights and tapped a fuse to power the switches and Amber lights.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:49 PM

Received 477 Likes on 271 Posts

Thanks for the response. I was actually able to find the connector with a wiring pigtail on Rock Auto. Once I got the part number, I was able to find it on Amazon.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryo108
Thanks for the response. I was actually able to find the connector with a wiring pigtail on Rock Auto. Once I got the part number, I was able to find it on Amazon.

what was the part number by any chance
Old 11-22-2021, 09:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the connector at Molex.
Note the picture is wrong, it just shows the family but the part number is correct.https://www.molex.com/molex/products...ngs/0347290120

This is the terminal you need:
https://www.molex.com/molex/products...als/0348033212

Quick Reply: Wiring connectors