Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows won't roll down after rain

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Windows won't roll down after rain

I have a 2012 F150 and it seems like every time it rains at least one of the front windows won't roll down. I haven't had it happen to both at the same time yet but it normally only happens to one of them. I was wondering if there is something inside of the door that I could isolate and make more weathertight. Any suggestions help. Thanks
Old 12-09-2018, 07:59 PM

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

where the wires on the drivers side door come thru unwrap and see if you see any black marks. the constant bending back and forth break the insulation. common problem that can usually easy to spot, especially if you see multiple wires holding moisture. my sil had same problem and swapped out the switches in door without asking me, I showed the problem and the fix. temp fix would be spread the wires out and spray with some insulation.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white08gt
where the wires on the drivers side door come thru unwrap and see if you see any black marks. the constant bending back and forth break the insulation. common problem that can usually easy to spot, especially if you see multiple wires holding moisture. my sil had same problem and swapped out the switches in door without asking me, I showed the problem and the fix. temp fix would be spread the wires out and spray with some insulation.
That totally makes sense. I will try this and report back.

Quick Reply: Windows won't roll down after rain