Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will It Work?? Rancho 4 Inch Lift With Icon Stage 2 Suspension System???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Will It Work?? Rancho 4 Inch Lift With Icon Stage 2 Suspension System???

I am going to lift my truck. I was debating between rancho lift and icon stage 2. I decided I wanted the Rancho. But today I was thinking. Would the Icon
coil-overs, rear shocks and the UCA's still fit on the truck even if it gets lifted, or would they not extend far enough? If not the rear shocks, would the front still fit? The Icons are capable of leveling the truck 3 inches so does that mean they should have enough travel for the 4 inch Rancho kit?
FYI: Obviously to keep system integrity I would change the rear blocks out for a Deaver mini pack.
Its an 09 Platinum 4x4
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM

Bump
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

A lot of people install coil-overs and UCA's on top of 'traditional' lift kits.
You'll have threaded shock bodies on your coil-overs, so you'll set their ride-height obviously after you've installed the Rancho components(spindle, diff and sway drop brackets, cross member etc..).
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by yokev
A lot of people install coil-overs and UCA's on top of 'traditional' lift kits.
You'll have threaded shock bodies on your coil-overs, so you'll set their ride-height obviously after you've installed the Rancho components(spindle, diff and sway drop brackets, cross member etc..).
Would i set the height to 3 inches? Im just concerned if they would have enough length/travel.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
The Macho King

Received 139 Likes on 100 Posts

The lift kit drops the entire front drivetrain and provides a taller steering knuckle to keep the uca in its stock position while on level ground.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Heat Miser

Originally Posted by warriorsfan177
Would i set the height to 3 inches? Im just concerned if they would have enough length/travel.
Travel? You're talking Icon coil-overs, correct?
If so, travel will be PLENTY
As far as where to set them, as I wrote you'll need to set their ride height after you install the Rancho lower-end components so you have a baseline to start with.
The lower end components are usually good for about 2", so theoretically you'll only need 2" out of the Icons to achieve what the Rancho top-end components would've given you. If you simply got spacers with the kit, then you'd be stuck with what you actually ended up with.
With height-adjustable coil-overs you can obviously adjust that incrementally, so you can set 'em wherever you need to, in minute increments if need be.
I have Fox 2.5s, which the Icons are designed after, and right now I have 'em +3" over stock, and like I said in my first post, I could conceivably jack 'em up as much as I had the strength to add preload to the spring(s)
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM

As far as where to set them, as I wrote you'll need to set their ride height after you install the Rancho lower-end components so you have a baseline to start with.
The lower end components are usually good for about 2", so theoretically you'll only need 2" out of the Icons to achieve what the Rancho top-end components would've given you. If you simply got spacers with the kit, then you'd be stuck with what you actually ended up with.
With height-adjustable coil-overs you can obviously adjust that incrementally, so you can set 'em wherever you need to, in minute increments if need be.
I have Fox 2.5s, which the Icons are designed after, and right now I have 'em +3" over stock, and like I said in my first post, I could conceivably jack 'em up as much as I had the strength to add preload to the spring(s)
Thanks!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 AM

Sorry forgot to ask.. Will the rear shocks work too or will i need longer ones?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Heat Miser

Originally Posted by warriorsfan177
Sorry forgot to ask.. Will the rear shocks work too or will i need longer ones?
Rear shocks are sold in lengths to match your lift.
You just need to specify how much taller than stock your rear end is after you've lifted it when you order the shocks(+1",+2",+4" etc.).

Quick Reply: Will It Work?? Rancho 4 Inch Lift With Icon Stage 2 Suspension System???