Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When does Warranty get VOIDED?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When does Warranty get VOIDED?

I have a 2009 F150 Regular Cab, still under FORD warranty. I want to get a Transmission Cooler and Electric Brake Controller installed from U-haul. Will my warranty be voided if i do that? Since its not a Ford Dealership. I had to get a Class III Hitch installed from U-Haul, Ford dealerhship didn't install hitches.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttuce2004
I have a 2009 F150 Regular Cab, still under FORD warranty. I want to get a Transmission Cooler and Electric Brake Controller installed from U-haul. Will my warranty be voided if i do that? Since its not a Ford Dealership. I had to get a Class III Hitch installed from U-Haul, Ford dealerhship didn't install hitches.
I don't thinks so but I just play dealer on this site I would call a few dealers and ask them don't go with just one, I had an 05 f150 and wanted to istall a cat back so I called the dealer were it was purchased and the service manager told me it would void the warranty, I started to think and all I was changing was the muffler and tailpipe so I called two more and they told me it would not void it.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

For the ones that say it wont void the warranty, ask the dealer to give you a paper in writing on there letterhead signed by the service manager or some higher up just in case you do have a problem they wont be ****ing with you!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 144 Likes on 42 Posts

Ford has to prove that whatever aftermarket product you install causes a problem that you bring in for warranty work. There's a law in the US, I can't remember what it is called, but there are 100+ threads in the forum referencing it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by eptesicus
Ford has to prove that whatever aftermarket product you install causes a problem that you bring in for warranty work. There's a law in the US, I can't remember what it is called, but there are 100+ threads in the forum referencing it.

Moss-Magnuson Act. FoMoCo must PROVE that your modification caused the damage to the part you are seeking to repair in order to deny warranty coverage. My cold air intake causes engine knock and I crack a cylinder head due to increased pressure? I eat the repair if Ford can demonstrate my mod caused the problem directly. Problem is...even if Ford is full of it when they deny coverage...this means arbitration or court. Time, money and grey hair.

Quick Reply: When does Warranty get VOIDED?