Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Should/Can I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default What Should/Can I Do?

I bought my 2012 F-150 FX4 on May 14th of this year. I bought a demo truck, after the truck they located and were going pick up for me was sold. This is they told me when I showed up to sign paperwork and pick up my truck. They then presented with this demo which was very similar to the truck I had thought I was picking expect it was white. They gave me the option of this truck or finding me another and after looking they couldn't find one similar in red within their distance and I would have to pay for transport. So I selected the demo (for about $1,500 less than original price.) This is only where the problems began..

The day after buying the truck, I notice a very large dent on the rear bumper. I call on Monday to let the manager know, he is willing to fix it but nothing more. The truck is in the shop for 2 weeks getting it fixed replacing the bumper and its mounts.

The next week, I just put on a leveling kit and going to get my truck aligned. The shop which is very reputable and works on lifted and leveled trucks everyday. The shop informs me my rear toe is out of spec and without telling them it had a rear bumper collision, they say they see this from collisions a lot. I call the dealer, they tell me to bring the truck in. They have the truck for 2 days before calling and saying they see its out of spec but not enough for Ford to do anything about it.

About a month later, the collision shop has my truck for two days to do an acid wash to eliminate rail dust.

After having my truck back for three days, I notice a clunk sound when putting my truck in reverse and occasional sudden downshift when in 6th gear down to about 3rd or 4th gear, slowing the truck down and trying to catch back up with the gears. They have my truck another three days to look at this problem. They flashed the transmission via the computer for the downshifting, but cannot find a fix for the clunk when shifting to reverse.

Everything has been fine until today, the downshifting problem happens again three times in a row, this time on the highway. When it downshifting it has to catch up with the gears, but slowing the truck down to shift. I suddenly go from 6th gear to 3rd gear and from 70mph to 55mph. After this did this for the third time and almost being rearended by a car when slowing down. I pull over and call roadside assistance, they cannot tow me to my dealer but will to the closest dealer. So after waiting on a tow truck and being towed to the dealership. They said they will get to look at it when their transmission guy next week when he gets back from vacation. I then ask for a loaner car to get me home and a car until they figure out mine. He says he cannot get me one until his guy looks it because he didn't diagnose the first time. Obviously this did me no good trapped thirty minutes from home and no vehicle until next week. So then his manager suggest I have it towed yet again to my dealer. So now my truck was towed again to my dealer where they will look at it again tomorrow.

My dilemma is I bought this truck 6 months ago, and just made my 6th payment. Of this time, almost a month of it has been spent in the dealership for problems. I am soon to just sell the truck and take the hit and buy a new one. But I don't feel I should have to lose money when all our problems are not caused by me rather than dealerships wrecking and manufacturing defects. What should I/ can I do about this? Anyone had similar experiences?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would tell them to stick it up their you know what. And then I would call someone higher up in ford.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Agree. It's time to call Ford. If it was involved in a collision and they didn't report it,then they broke the law. Give Ford a chance to do right, then do what you have to do.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 PM

Would that be just calling the Customer Service line? This is the first time I have never had such problems with a car having so many problems, nor customer service. I love my truck, when I am not having problems and would trade it for nothing expect for another. But if I end up losing money on it, because the problems aren't fixed I would have a hard time buying another one..
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmbeebe0722
Would that be just calling the Customer Service line? This is the first time I have never had such problems with a car having so many problems, nor customer service. I love my truck, when I am not having problems and would trade it for nothing expect for another. But if I end up losing money on it, because the problems aren't fixed I would have a hard time buying another one..
Customer service would be a start. You can always ask to elevate it if you get the run around. You might also talk to the dealer about a trade since you are having so many problems. You never know, they might work with you.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kenferg1
Customer service would be a start. You can always ask to elevate it if you get the run around. You might also talk to the dealer about a trade since you are having so many problems. You never know, they might work with you.
I think that is what I am gonna do, I have to get rid of this truck in some way, shape or form. It's obviously a "dud" and I don't want to keep going through the hassle with how much I pay each month for it. I may say, hey you messed up when you sold it with the damage and didn't tell me. If you help me get out of this without going forever upside down, I will buy from you again. Otherwise, I'll take the it but it sure won't be with you, nor Ford. Too many problem when I have less than 10k miles on it.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

If it was me I would tell the dealer that they should have told me about the damage to the truck. Then ask for the number to the Ford Service Rep. in your area. If the dealer is reputable they should work with you, as they do have the duty to tell you about the damage before they sold the truck. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM

The dealership is willing to give me trade-in value for the truck and sell me a new one but not help keep me from going upside down. I think this says enough about the dealer and why I will never buy there again.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Received 112 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Do us a favor

Originally Posted by Jmbeebe0722
The dealership is willing to give me trade-in value for the truck and sell me a new one but not help keep me from going upside down. I think this says enough about the dealer and why I will never buy there again.
Who is the dealer?
Where are they located?
Who is the service manager you are dealing with?

That will save the rest of us the headache of these clowns and word spreads like wildfire. It wont take long for them to get a bad rep.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by violinguy77
Who is the dealer?
Where are they located?
Who is the service manager you are dealing with?

That will save the rest of us the headache of these clowns and word spreads like wildfire. It wont take long for them to get a bad rep.
Its Gary Crossley Ford in Kansas City, MO. I am not dealing with the service manger, but Ryan Crossley which is the owners son, and the general manager.

He has been passing information through the grapevine of my salesman from when I bought the truck. I plan on him myself this afternoon, and explain I worked with them when they broke the law by not telling me of the damage, and allowed them to just fix it and let it be done. When I easily could have gotten a new truck right then and there. Now... I just want to trade-in for another F-150 FX4 with the same options and he calls this an upgrade from my current because its got less miles. But in reality I am trading due to the truck having numerous issues, numerous times. I will remind him of him breaking the law when selling me the truck, and if I need to bring the BBB in I have no problem with it. Even if I get nothing, just to warn other of their business practices.

Quick Reply: What Should/Can I Do?