Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What features would YOU have put in the F-150 directly from the factory? (wish list)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Default What features would YOU have put in the F-150 directly from the factory? (wish list)

I'm definately in love with my truck, I love everything it has, it's ride, comfort, ect...

But there are two things that make me think "why didn't Ford do these simple cheap features from the get go?" They are:

1: Drivers handle bar on the A-pillar. Everytime I rest my arm on the drivers door while driving I imagine how nice/comfy it would be to have a handle to rest my fingers on identical to the passenger side one. How much would that cost? Seriously? You introduce a tailgate step and handle to get into the trucks bed instead and overlook something that simple?

While we're talking about interior handles, where the hell are the "oh *****" bars up top? They also come in handy for comfort sometimes.

2: Full auto up/down windows... My wife's 1999 Audi A4 (yeah you read right, a 14 year old entry level Audi) has them as do quite a bit of much cheaper vehicles nowadays. Again, I don't see something this simple that's been around for so long on many cars being a cost prohibitive feature. I have a 2010, so maybe the newer F-150's have this?

So let's hear it folks. What features would you have liked to have? Let's keep them to a realistic level, something that wouldn't drive the cost of the whole fleet to rise.

You're in charge of Ford MoCo for this project...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Elite Lurker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2011 lariat has auto up/down for driver and passenger front windows.
I'm pretty happy with all the toys mine came with, although I did the typical mods.
(Easy down tailgate shock, remote tailgate lock, turn signal leds in the front of mirrors)
I suppose they could have been factory but I'd like to think I did them for much cheaper than I expect ford might charge. It was also fun, I enjoy tinkering.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Kinda the same thing as you guys said except I want one button that will automatically open even piece of glass the vehicle has.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Where is this tailgate shock mod you speak of? I would like to investigate that!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The ability to drop down all windows using the remote key fob to cool off the interior during a hot summer day. Seems this would probably cost FOMOCO little if anything to do.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM
2013 King Ranch EB GemGrn

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrapper
The ability to drop down all windows using the remote key fob to cool off the interior during a hot summer day. Seems this would probably cost FOMOCO little if anything to do.
I spent a year in Israel working for the government, and they issued me a 2010 Focus that would roll down all the windows with the key fob. You held the unlock button down for about 3 seconds and then they would all drop.

Does that not work with the pickups?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by bzz83
My 2011 lariat has auto up/down for driver and passenger front windows.
I thought it might I just wasn't sure. In your case along with the Platinum, Limited, and Raptors shouldn't they just made all 4 windows that way? Or am I just nit picking at things that nobody cares about? My wifes 99 A4 has auto up/down windows all the way around, why doesn't my F-150?

Ford has thought of many little things that don't come to mind until you see them, the hooks on the rear folding seat to hang grocery bags come to mind. Super cheap and useful.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

I know many people would have liked the door sill protectors on the back doors as well.

A turbo gauge in the dash apps would have been nice.
The following users liked this post:
yotehunter (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zixxer10r

I spent a year in Israel working for the government, and they issued me a 2010 Focus that would roll down all the windows with the key fob. You held the unlock button down for about 3 seconds and then they would all drop.

Does that not work with the pickups?
Nope. At least not on my 2012 fx4
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM

I forgot about this one but, a single rear power window instead of the traditional slider that the Tundra has adopted from their 4Runner. More airflow and a clean looking single piece of glass. It might drive the cost up so I would let that one go.

Agree with dropping all 4 windows with the key fob. Would be just as nice to have a button inside that did that. I used to have a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder (GS-T with lots of go fast upgrades) and could tap the converable roof button and all 4 windows would go down at once.

How about a foot rest/dead pedal for your left foot? Would be nice if you're driving long distance.

Quick Reply: What features would YOU have put in the F-150 directly from the factory? (wish list)