Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Service AdvanceTrac mean coupled with Check brake system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does Service AdvanceTrac mean coupled with Check brake system?

I drive a 2011 MKZ Hybrid, 156000, I'm slightly ooverdue for an oil change, drove to work today, no issues, drove for lunch and immediately these 2 lights came up on the dash. My brakes would not properly stop, only after I pushed as hard as I could and the car was almost sliding. It is wet today and my tractioin light also came on. I do remember driving over a series of potholes that may have had some loose rocks? but I can't confirm that.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by ewatkinsfpm
I drive a 2011 MKZ Hybrid, 156000, I'm slightly ooverdue for an oil change, drove to work today, no issues, drove for lunch and immediately these 2 lights came up on the dash. My brakes would not properly stop, only after I pushed as hard as I could and the car was almost sliding. It is wet today and my tractioin light also came on. I do remember driving over a series of potholes that may have had some loose rocks? but I can't confirm that.
Possibly a damaged ABS wheel sensor.
The following users liked this post:
ewatkinsfpm (03-29-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Had this happen on my F150, wifey was driving one day, and called me about it, said she turned the truck off and back on and it went away.....she left out the part about the curb or small car she apparently drove over. I read codes with my IDS, said my alignment was out 3+ degrees, I thought no way, drove it, it wanted to turn right on it's own, got it aligned, problem resolved, then bought wife a new Expedition to keep her out of my cars.........

Quick Reply: What does Service AdvanceTrac mean coupled with Check brake system?