Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do I need to know to lift a 2014 f150

Old 10-17-2016, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what do I need to know to lift a 2014 f150

So im going to be buying a 2014 f150 4x4. What do I need to know before lifting it. I have been doing a ton of research on lifting the last couple of days and I just need help fully understanding how to piece all of this together. I want an 8" lift and I wanted 40" tires in the beginning but im under the impression you cant do that without cutting away at your truck, and i dont want to do that. So I moved down to 38" then people said you would need to offset the tires so they dont rub as well as regear to handle the extra weight of the tires. This would not be a work truck just my daily driver. What should i know before going this route and what tire size and dimensions do you recommend for an 8" lift without rubbing or cutting away at the truck? thanks. Most of the information I have collected has been from f150forum.net so thats why I decided to ask here first.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KTraider
So im going to be buying a 2014 f150 4x4. What do I need to know before lifting it. I have been doing a ton of research on lifting the last couple of days and I just need help fully understanding how to piece all of this together. I want an 8" lift and I wanted 40" tires in the beginning but im under the impression you cant do that without cutting away at your truck, and i dont want to do that. So I moved down to 38" then people said you would need to offset the tires so they dont rub as well as regear to handle the extra weight of the tires. This would not be a work truck just my daily driver. What should i know before going this route and what tire size and dimensions do you recommend for an 8" lift without rubbing or cutting away at the truck? thanks. Most of the information I have collected has been from f150forum.net so thats why I decided to ask here first.
to lift a truck 8 inches you will have to do welding and what not to your truck making it very hard to ever change back to stock i would go with a 6 inch lift and 35s can fit pretty good if not 37s the trimming though on the truck for bigger tires really isnt to bad go to custom offsets they are really good with tire fitting and trimming you dont even notice the trimming really

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what do I need to know to lift a 2014 f150