Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What amp should I buy for my sub and speaker?

Old 02-23-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What amp should I buy for my sub and speaker?

Hello all,

I am currently looking at purchasing 4 Rockford Fosgate door speakers and 1 10 inch sub for my 2009 F150. However, when looking through the questions on the page, I saw that someone mentioned buying an amp for the speakers. I know that I do need an amp for my sub and I was curious as to what amp I would need to purchase to support both the sub and the speakers? Or do I need to just purchase an amp for the sub? If either, which amp would you recommend and wiring?
Not sure if it matters or not but I have the stock radio with only buttons not the GPS navigation system. I'll be happy to answer any questions to help find my answer.

Question about buying an amp for speaker- http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx9HDW...sin=B00GLUZUUI

Speakers-
Amazon.com : 4) New Rockford Fosgate P1683 6x8" 260 Watt 3 Way Car Coaxial Speakers Audio : Component Vehicle Speaker Systems : Car Electronics Amazon.com : 4) New Rockford Fosgate P1683 6x8" 260 Watt 3 Way Car Coaxial Speakers Audio : Component Vehicle Speaker Systems : Car Electronics

Speaker wiring harness-
Amazon.com : Radio Stereo Speaker Wire Harness Aftermarket Adapter Plug Ford 1999-2010 : Vehicle Speaker Wiring Harnesses : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Radio Stereo Speaker Wire Harness Aftermarket Adapter Plug Ford 1999-2010 : Vehicle Speaker Wiring Harnesses : Car Electronics

Sub-
Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow 10-Inch 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow 10-Inch 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics

Sub box- http://www.supercrewsound.com/09F150Screwsingle.html

Thank you in advance for the help!!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 1,137 Likes on 820 Posts

I haven't looked at all the stuff you've got posted, but have you looked at Crutchfield to make sure it's not cheaper? They often throw in wiring harness's etc. They will also offer support so it seems like for an extra few bucks it might be worth it.

As for the AMP, it's been awhile, but I only hooked my Sub up to my amp. It gave me the bass I wanted.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-X1OfF12...ing_guide.html
Old 02-23-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badass! I have never heard of this website! Thank you!

Originally Posted by miihere
I haven't looked at all the stuff you've got posted, but have you looked at Crutchfield to make sure it's not cheaper? They often throw in wiring harness's etc. They will also offer support so it seems like for an extra few bucks it might be worth it.

As for the AMP, it's been awhile, but I only hooked my Sub up to my amp. It gave me the bass I wanted.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-X1OfF12...ing_guide.html
Old 02-23-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 1,137 Likes on 820 Posts

They have pretty competitive pricing and you can chat with the folks, they seem to know their stuff. I haven't purchased in many years, mostly because I had a car that was beat the hell from people hitting me, but now that you've brought it up I may need to browse a bit, at least get some new speakers....

I think the speaker AMP is more for doing professional stereo contests, I know that you don't HAVE to have it.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

I installed the Kicker Soundgate door speaker amp that came with the Kicker Powerstage system, did not really make that big of a difference. The sub however is a different story, not professional by any means, but thumps pretty good.

200W Amp, 200W Sub and 4 speakers for $400, can't beat it. A vendor on here, Rogel Ford, had the deal. You might want to check to see if he has any left, we pretty much cleaned him out.

If not, Fairway ford has the same kit for $650 on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2014-FO...-/181850963103
Old 02-23-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

You can go with a 5 channel amp, just make sure it's got enough juice. I have JL Audio C5's in the front, C3's in the rear and an 8" JL Audio MicroSub+...speakers are powered by a x400 v2. Everything kicks ***.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What amp should I buy for my sub and speaker?