Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird clicking noise come from the rear end and front right a arm!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Expert member

Received 62 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Weird clicking noise come from the rear end and front right a arm!

Weird clicking noise come from the rear end and front right a arm! Everytime I go over a speed bump with the will turned, or up a drive way it makes this really weird clicked like its about to break noise. My truck is completly stock.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Mb Offroading
Weird clicking noise come from the rear end and front right a arm! Everytime I go over a speed bump with the will turned, or up a drive way it makes this really weird clicked like its about to break noise. My truck is completly stock.

I'm also in the same spot as you. I have it too, It seems like it starting to happen to a lot of people. I hear a loud click when I turn my wheel all the way to the right or left. The only problem is it only when I'm towing my 25 foot RV (6000 lbs).It seems like Ford needs to fix their suspension in the front.
My rear also click and make a squeaky noise. I read other forums it's leaf springs, brake touching something.Get a friend jump on your bed and you examine underneath.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Expert member

I took mine to ford and they can't duplicate the problem so as always there is no problem! I hate dealerships
Old 06-17-2012, 04:26 PM
lifted autobot driver

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mb Offroading
I took mine to ford and they can't duplicate the problem so as always there is no problem! I hate dealerships
Tell me about that.... lol yea i have a lift and i have the same problem I'm about to go up the the dealer and see wat I can do about probably nothing. Yea i think my truck is about to break every time I hear it. I can be good I mean it don't sound good
Old 06-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem just in my front right end when pulling in the drive way over the curve...it only seems to happen when the wheel is turned to the right, never noticed it while turned to the left. My truck is stock also. Anyone find a fix yet for this? Haven't had time to go to the dealer.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having mine checked right now. I will update if anything comes out of it.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Expert member

Thank you!! You would be my hero my right front tire also just went flat after making a right turn there's no nails screws or anything so I don't know if that's part of it

Originally Posted by kiowamtp
I am having mine checked right now. I will update if anything comes out of it.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 AM
T-Town Guzzler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took mine in fir the front right squeaking and rear clicking noise, they said they are aware of the issue and that "engineers" are finding a solution and it does not affect performance, I have 20k its BS! I'm scared to put my leveling kit on so they can blame it on me! 2011 fx4 sc 5.0 stock
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WWD918
I just took mine in fir the front right squeaking and rear clicking noise, they said they are aware of the issue and that "engineers" are finding a solution and it does not affect performance, I have 20k its BS! I'm scared to put my leveling kit on so they can blame it on me! 2011 fx4 sc 5.0 stock

They better find a fix and Atleast your dealer cares. It so scary hearing the click that I can't even lift my truck.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:28 PM
T-Town Guzzler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoyoteScrew

They better find a fix and Atleast your dealer cares. It so scary hearing the click that I can't even lift my truck.
Mine is coming from the actual joint to the rear end

Quick Reply: Weird clicking noise come from the rear end and front right a arm!