Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathertech window deflectors for 2011 Screw

Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech window deflectors for 2011 Screw

This is my first post and I am picking up a 2011 leftover FX4 Screw tomorrow and I was hoping to put a set of Weathertech window deflectors on it. I searched Weathertechs website and they aren't listed for the truck and I called them and they told me they weren't available yet. I have read on this site that some of you have Weathertech window deflectors on your trucks. What part # is for the 2011 Screw and how do they fit? I am trying to figure out why Weathertech says they don't have them for 2011 but some of you guys have them on your 2011 trucks. Any information would be great and appreciated. I have had Weathertech window deflectors on all of my trucks for the last 10 years and they are great.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have avs you could try them
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

The doors are the same from 2009 to present. What is different are the power windows, the new trucks have sensors that make the window go back down if it gets in a bind rolling up, this has caused problems with some guys using in-channel vent visors, but the other visor design, that stick to the outside of the window frame, will work for you. If I am wrong, can someone explain why.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Hello,

I work for WeatherTech as a Design Engineer. We currently do not have deflectors ready for production because as said, the sensor for the auto up makes the window go back down. However they are going to be available soon as we are VERY close to getting them to work. We've put a ton of hours into getting them to fit properly and still be an in channel type deflector. I'm wanting a set for my truck myself, bummer.
They will be coming out soon, so no worries if you can hold out for a little while longer.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Pauli18c
Hello,

I work for WeatherTech as a Design Engineer. We currently do not have deflectors ready for production because as said, the sensor for the auto up makes the window go back down. However they are going to be available soon as we are VERY close to getting them to work. We've put a ton of hours into getting them to fit properly and still be an in channel type deflector. I'm wanting a set for my truck myself, bummer.
They will be coming out soon, so no worries if you can hold out for a little while longer.
Would u be so kind as to let us know when they do become available on here? I put a product request in back in November, and one of your associates told me they were in the making. Love weathertech, so I will def hold out. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

These visors should be available for the older '09 and up trucks also. The Weathertech in channel visors in my '09 have put scratches along the to of my window because of the tight fit.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Belushi
Would u be so kind as to let us know when they do become available on here? I put a product request in back in November, and one of your associates told me they were in the making. Love weathertech, so I will def hold out. Thanks.

Will be sure to make a post when they do.

These have been by far the hardest ones to make work. Most of the sensors "learn" after a few tries that it needs more pressure to get shut if you try it about 5 times in a row. The new Ford sensor isn't budging and re-learning like most models/companies
Old 02-02-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by fordfan77
These visors should be available for the older '09 and up trucks also. The Weathertech in channel visors in my '09 have put scratches along the to of my window because of the tight fit.
they put scratches in the top of the glass itself??
That's a new one.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pauli18c

These have been by far the hardest ones to make work. Most of the sensors "learn" after a few tries that it needs more pressure to get shut if you try it about 5 times in a row. The new Ford sensor isn't budging and re-learning like most models/companies
These windows relearn every 20 full cycles. The best thing to do is to de-initialize and then re-initialize them.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:15 PM
JD1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Definately let us know!! I could definately see a group buy!!!!

In other news...... Due to being stupid I broke a weathertech rear read deflector!

I just put a front and rear set on my girls jeep and the directions say that the weathertech sticker goes toward the rear of the window! So what did I do??? Jumped in with both feet and in fact only the fronts go in like that! So after trying to bend in the rears alas I broke the tabs!!! I then realized they were backwards!!

Not sure it's the same for our trucks but if it is just know fronts emblem to rear/ rears emblem toward front!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weathertech window deflectors for 2011 Screw