Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Black or Gray Weathertech Mats?
Black
91.04%
Gray
8.96%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Weathertech Mats--What Color?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weathertech Mats--What Color?

Just got a new Screw on July 3rd and am still in the honeymoon phase with how nice the truck is. I don't like how much the wife and kids (and me) drag in sand, grass, dirt on the dark gray floor and am going to quickly order some Weathertech mats. I don't want this to become a Weathertech vs. Husky vs. OEM vs. Aries vs. whatever other brand someone found on the WalMart clearance rack.

I just want to know if most guys are buying the black or gray mats? The floor on the gray interior is a very dark charcoal gray. Black would match it closely, but gray would hide some everyday dirt, and with the hodgepodge of grays everywhere else in the interior, would the gray mats look fine?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Black. I love mine!!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Received 627 Likes on 445 Posts

Black definitely. Black will match the carpet better.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

i would match your carpet and go with black. Cabelas has the best price on weathertec for front and rear $160 shipped. they are cabelas branded but same part number as weathertec just ordered mine for my Screw i got Monday. my truck is white 5.0 XLT 4x4 w/buckets, 302a package ELD. luv it so far.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by white08gt
i would match your carpet and go with black. Cabelas has the best price on weathertec for front and rear $160 shipped. they are cabelas branded but same part number as weathertec just ordered mine for my Screw i got Monday. my truck is white 5.0 XLT 4x4 w/buckets, 302a package ELD. luv it so far.
I've got the same truck, minus the buckets. I was looking at the Cabelas ones as well. I have lots of Cabelas credit card points to use up, and that's why I'm asking about color, not about Weathertech vs. something else. I'd like to hear your experience with delivery time (Cabelas says it'll be 3-4 weeks) and how the black looks.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:41 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Weathertech sucks, especially the rear one. Thin slippery plastic slides all over. Posts hold the fronts but the rear is pure junk. I'd get another brand that's thicker heavier rubber instead of thin slippery plastic. Look at some in store and you will see what I mean. The rear one is way to large to be light thin slippery plastic with no hold down posts. I hate my rear weathertech and will never buy their crappy mats again after comparing them side by side to better brands.

But to main question, black for sure.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 AM
Back in BLACK

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I want to get some floor mats as well...aside from asking which ones are the best type thing...what are most of you guys using? I saw the OEM ones in an FX4 today and they look pretty well built.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SultanGris
Weathertech sucks, especially the rear one. Thin slippery plastic slides all over. Posts hold the fronts but the rear is pure junk. I'd get another brand that's thicker heavier rubber instead of thin slippery plastic. Look at some in store and you will see what I mean. The rear one is way to large to be light thin slippery plastic with no hold down posts. I hate my rear weathertech and will never buy their crappy mats again after comparing them side by side to better brands.

But to main question, black for sure.
Mine don't move at all.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:56 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by 94-F150-10

Mine don't move at all.
Rear one in supercrew? No one's ever stepped on it huh? Lol! Ford fixed the slide issues in the front when they added passenger side mounting posts in 2011 but they are still slippery, especially when wet, with hard sole type shoes like what women typically wear. Mine slid all over in the rear when my dog jumps in and out, many others have same issue. It's just too light and thin and slippery. It also doesn't conform to the floor well on my 2010, not sure if they've made any design improvements but I doubt it since Ford hasn't changed the rear area at all.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:18 AM

Tan LOL jk. That's what I ordered at least because I have the adobe interior. Should be on my doorstep tomorrow. Sorry I can't help you black vs grey decision. I hope they work out good, I'll post a pic after instal, probably Monday when I'm not working.

Quick Reply: Weathertech Mats--What Color?