Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

we have the greatest group, next to my DD gun group

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Window Licker

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default we have the greatest group, next to my DD gun group

hey got a question/idea

2013 screw 60/40 split bench center console island type arrangement. now my question is it possible ona slim/neekid budget and heck workwise worth it, to install those air seats cool/warm.?? just like in a 15 fx4 I rode in. I love that cool breeze blowin up my backside on a TX hot *** day and warm in the cold, im gettin old and beat up i reckon. so is it easy hard, get parts from a junkyard or they cheap thru elsewheres? has anyone done this or am i breakin new ground??

all ears and ty...
Old 04-06-2017, 08:13 AM

Received 265 Likes on 164 Posts

Heated seats are doable (I don't know the parts or process, but I've seen a few threads on here with people adding them), but I believe you need the full flow through console that goes all the way to the dash under the radio in order to have the cooled seats. The air needs a route to get to the seat, and without the flow through console, you would have air ducting laying about. With all of the new plumbing you would need behind the dash, I imagine it would be a major job.
The following users liked this post:
Paul Day (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Window Licker

Default ty for that

Originally Posted by bigred90gt
Heated seats are doable (I don't know the parts or process, but I've seen a few threads on here with people adding them), but I believe you need the full flow through console that goes all the way to the dash under the radio in order to have the cooled seats. The air needs a route to get to the seat, and without the flow through console, you would have air ducting laying about. With all of the new plumbing you would need behind the dash, I imagine it would be a major job.
oh yes ty for that, I took drv seat out not long ago and noticed a plastic port under seat facing rearward, heat for back psgr feet, i assume?? maybe I could just plumb that upwards straight into bottom of the seat?? I still have to buy those seat with the holes all in em, figure those a big ticket item, and who knows if they'll bolt right up where the other ones did..? Ive noticed with this 13' model everything seems just slightly different, or seems that way cuz I'm doing the work??? lol
Old 04-07-2017, 06:50 AM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Do some searching on here and other places to learn how the system works. Most people think it just blows cabin air up the rear end when in fact its a standalone system that heats/cools and that part is called TED, there are 2 in each seat 1 in the back and one in the bottom. The only thing the a/c system has to do with cooled seats is help drop ambient temp, but if the TED sees its to cool/warm it cycles anyways. https://www.f150forum.com/f38/driver...287387/index6/ Here is a thread that shows the TED, they are great when they work but if they dont finding out why is a PITA. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
Paul Day (04-08-2017)
Old 06-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Window Licker

Default It did help sir. And ty

Decided after a small education tgx for the link btw.. decided that Im not going that direction at all.. just enjoy them when Im in a truck thats got em but mine wont.. aint gonna gut my truck. Just too much to do to pull it off for my liking or budget. Thx for the help and sorry abt the late reply as well
Old 06-01-2019, 08:42 AM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Something like this might help you achieve your butt warmer / cooler needs!
Old 06-02-2019, 11:10 AM

Received 127 Likes on 109 Posts

“DD gun group”
care to share?