Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak on passenger floor board

Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak on passenger floor board

I just got my 4 mo old 2011 F-150 back from Ford and I had an evaporator drain tube gasket out of position. They replaced the jute(padding) but the carpet is not as tight now, and it's not the same. My new truck is no longer a virgin. I hate it and yes I have daughters....
PS. Love the ecoboost, best motor on the market.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
RPM

I have the same problem I think . How did they replace the padding did they remove
your seats ,how did they get to the gasket ,i was looking to fix it myself.2011 XLT
super cab, Also had transmission seal replaced @3000 mi I have never owned a Ford
that did not leak. atleast they have a drain plug that can be removed in the wiring
channel that can be removed to let the water runout nice touch. Good Luck with your truck. Rich
Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM

They did not remove my seats. They got to it under the dash, by removing heater vent pipes.They replaced padding on Passenger floor board only. It turned out fine, carpet alittle looser.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Ugh.bringing this back to the top ( as we used to say at FTW ). Just had the a/c drain repaired at Ford last Saturday thought that would be the end of the floor getting wet and lo and behold today it's wet again. I want to try 3 different things before I bring it back in. One--drive thru a puddle to see if there is a hole in the firewall somewhere. Two-- a/c on with recirculation...maybe sweat in cab? Three--a/c on with outside air coming in to cool.....maybe drain tube still not unclogged or positioned right. My bigggest peeve coming true...LEAKS!!! Help me people if you can. Rear brake light not leaking...checked that. Def. not coming from grommet on drivers side.

Phil
Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 AM

P.s. it did rain today and the windshield was replaced when I first got the truck. Safelite replaced it but my boss drenched every part of the windshield with a hose for 15 minutes.

Thanks. God Bless.

Phil
Old 07-24-2013, 06:01 AM

Well I drove thru more puddles and it poured over at my house and the floor isn't wet. Gonna do the car wash thing again to make triply sure. THEN it's gotta be the a/c drain ( that Ford fixed last Saturday ). Right.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Default Water on Passenger side

I was checking all the posts before I took my truck in to the dealer to check the water leak on the passenger side. I live in the desert and the truck has not seen rain for many weeks, maybe a month and the floor and padding underneath is soaked. It must be the AC, will let everyone know what the dealer says.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 AM

Yeah Kath was my A/C drain. Cleared up now. Hope the best for yours!

God Bless!

Phil
Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM

Default Dealer Repair

Originally Posted by Kath
I was checking all the posts before I took my truck in to the dealer to check the water leak on the passenger side. I live in the desert and the truck has not seen rain for many weeks, maybe a month and the floor and padding underneath is soaked. It must be the AC, will let everyone know what the dealer says.
At first the dealer said that if the drain was full of leaves, from parking it outside, it was not a warranty issue. I assured him it was always garaged. They cleaned the drain, returned the truck, and the next day the carpet was wet again. I took it back, they kept it for 2 days and it no longer leaks into the passenger side. BUT, they did not replace the padding or carpet and my truck has a strange odor. Since there is very little humidity here in the desert, the smell is probably not as noticeable but I am not happy with the odor. After reading the posts regarding loose carpet I am not sure what my next step will be.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

There is a TSB on this issue. Basically the gasket were the condensation drain comes through the firewall has lost its ability to seal. The water follows the drain back to the housing, then drips to the inside on the carpet. The fix is to pull the wheel liner and silicon around the drain nipple to the firewall. The other problem is the nipple is too short. I added a piece of 7/8th tubing to mine to get it to drain a little further out!

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
reborn (09-25-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water leak on passenger floor board