Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty/water leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Warranty/water leak

My 2010 STX ext cab has 42k miles so the 36k/3 yr warranty is obviously gone but I purchased the Premiumcare extended warranty and find out today it does NOT cover water leaks. Has anyone else had this problem and the dealer fixed anyway? If not, how much was your out of pocket expense?
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Where do you have a water leak- above the rear window? This is the "famous" third brake light leak. You could try a small bead of silicone around it. You will find these extended plans to be useless sometimes. I had an extended plan on my 08. Before I traded it, my parking brake cable started binding up and would not realese. The company for the service contract woud not cover the repair, $430, b/c the cables were not "broken". Had they physically broke they would have been covered. I was about to ask the dealership if I could have 5 minutes alone with my truck. You fear not geting it just in the fact that something big will go: Engine, A/C system, et. Get a new compressor and a few lines and refrigerant and the expense of the service plan can be realized.

Last edited by JimFX4; 02-18-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes sir, it's above the rear window. My headliner is stained now and coming apart. I hope they'll have a little mercy on me because I brought it in back a year ago to have the ac fixed and I ended up with a 2in hole in my floor so they had to replace the whole floor in my truck and they had it for 2 weeks. If they don't then it looks like I'm out a good chunk of change for the repair and a new headliner.

Quick Reply: Warranty/water leak