Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very, very disappointed in Ford's service

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM
LSU

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Very, very disappointed in Ford's service

i bought my truck (2012 lariat) new on 3/6/13. i noticed that the drivers seat had a bunch of very thin spots in the leather on only one section of the seat. i have never seen anything like this in any other vehicle with leather interior. i brought the truck in a few days after purchase to have the service manager look at it. he claimed he had to take pictures of the seat and send it to ford to get approval. after over a month i had to call the dealership to find out what ford said. when i called they told me tat ford said these are natural dimples in the leather and they would do nothing about it. i could not believe what they told me as these spots are very noticable and very, very thin and i doubt the seat makes it a year without one of the spots tearing though. i cant believe that ford will not fix this after i just bought a $50k truck from them. i was under the impression that ford was a stand-up company and took care of their customers. if this is how they handle their warranties, then this will be my first and last ford vehicle.

to top that all off, it was raining the day i brought the truck in and the windshield wipers were molded over and jumping along the windshield when they would sweep. i told the service manager that the truck was built in august 2012 and sat on the lot until i bought it in march 2013. he proceeded to tell me that they couldnt replace them under warranty because he said it wouldnt fix the problem, but i could replace them with the one set of wipers i get for the year on the maintenance plan. i told them to go ahead and replace them and drove the truck right outside the door in the rain and showed the dealer how perfect the new wipers worked.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Bronco Edition

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Go to another dealer.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Good luck!

My stealership told me that it was "normal" for my brakes to squeal.
I got a followup call after I raised hell during the satisfaction phone survey.
The "corporate" office sided with the stealership.

I love my truck, but Ford service sucks!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
LSU

here are some pictures of the thin spots on the leather
Attached Thumbnails Very, very disappointed in Ford's service-img_1150.jpg   Very, very disappointed in Ford's service-img_1151.jpg   Very, very disappointed in Ford's service-img_1154.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM
LSU

Originally Posted by TexasTaxi
Good luck!

My stealership told me that it was "normal" for my brakes to squeal.
I got a followup call after I raised hell during the satisfaction phone survey.
The "corporate" office sided with the stealership.

I love my truck, but Ford service sucks!
great, my brakes sqeal for the first 10 minutes of driving and im waiting to tell them about that when i go in for my first oil change. sounds like im going to get the same b/s that i did with the seat
Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Just to share with my own leather experience....
2003 Nissan Frontier with the same thin spots (I think they are scares) on the drivers seat on the doors side on top of the thigh bolster... This is the worst spot to have any issue as it is the spot that gets the most wear getting in or out. I am 375 pounds and had 85k of short trips on it when I traded it in. The seat was fine and held up fine. And Fords leather is better quality...

So I say don't worry about it.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Is it real leather in the Lariat? I thought my older Lariat was leather, but it's not. I want real cow hide!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by iFord
Is it real leather in the Lariat? I thought my older Lariat was leather, but it's not. I want real cow hide!
I thought the only "real" leather in on the King Ranch. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty sure it's real leather. I think they have to state on the sticker that it isn't. I recall BMW getting into some legal trouble because the low end 325i's were coming with synthetic "leather", but it was only mentioned in very fine print in the brochure.

Might be wrong.

However, those look like natural scars from the hide. That's probably why this truck sat on the lot for so long. I'd live with it, you probably got a pretty good deal on it, and it's something you should have noticed before delivery.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

Its pleather! The only real leather is in the King Ranch. The leather used in the other models is the same type they use in most cars/vans/trucks. If cleaned/treated regularly it should hold up fine. The enemy to pleather is sharp objects. Keep sun off the seats in summer, the inside will get so hot and dry out these seats quickly. Put sunshade in front window, tint front windows, add window visors so you can crack the windows and allow heat to exit and clean/treat regularly..

Quick Reply: Very, very disappointed in Ford's service