Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vent Visors & Water Pouring In Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Vent Visors & Water Pouring In Cab

So I do not yet have vent visors. I've read many a thread around here - and understand most like the seamless simply due to the fact that they usually don't have the problem with the window going back up.

What I'm looking for is which vent visors have provided the best functionality in not allowing that standing water from dripping in - if any of them even do at all.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting into the vehicle after work or in the morning, cracking the window - and then having water POUR in from the roof into the cab - which soaks my shoulder, arm, seat & the armrest & switches in the armrest.

My assumption is that a vent visor may prevent this water from pouring in - but I want confirmation before I drop another $60 - $120 on something and go through the hassle of installation.

In other posts - I see that the seamless don't actually function as well as they look.

I also don't really care much about their performance driving in the rain - it's just that accumulated water that's up on the roof from the previous nights dew, or rain that I want to keep out if/when I have my window cracked (usually it happens when you take a turn, no matter how mild).

Really hope to keep this thread on topic; don't need debate about in-channel vs seamless vs brand - I just want to know if anyone has successfully been able to block that water from pouring into the window.

If not - I'll save my $ relegate myself to bringing rag & wiping off the roof area above the door before I hop in the truck each time it's wet.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,134 Likes on 2,835 Posts

the only time that happens if i wash my truck and open the door after rinsing the roof off...my 07 did the same thing...i never had an issue with water coming in with the vent visors...just when i opened the door

Last edited by djfllmn; 08-06-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:25 AM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Buy the stick-on Vent visors, they are taped to the outside weatherstrip and don't affect the window channel in any way. As far as water running off the roof when you open the door in the morning, have the roof of your garage checked for leaks.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:47 AM

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the seamless ones and I like them. No they don't work as well as the ones that stick out farther but they do work some and look better. I know what you mean about water pouring in and the seamless do not stop it. I've just gotten to the point where if it has rained I don't put my window down until I've made a turn. I always back in at work so when I pull out I make it a point to make a hard turn while still in the lot just to clear off the roof.

Quick Reply: Vent Visors & Water Pouring In Cab