Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCT Solenoid issue?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VCT Solenoid issue?

For a couple months now I had been hearing a "ticking" noise coming from the engine compartment of my 2009 F150 Fx4. I had it in at Ford the other day when I was having some other work done and they informed me that the noise was because of the VCT Solenoids. There weren't any error codes but a very apparent noise. I did purchase extended warranty when I purchased the truck used. Extended warranty is through Tricare which is apparently a 3rd party company.
Tricare has informed the dealership that they will not cover the replacement of the solenoids because a sound does not constitute a faulty part and there are no error codes.
I am not too savvy when it comes to these new vehicles but from what I have read, the VCT Solenoids making this noise could be the result of another problem. Has anyone had this issue and had to deal with warranty over it? My vehicle's warranty is up in 25 000 km or next year and I would like whatever is the root of this problem fixed.

Any advice from anyone out there?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Mods in Progress

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I had my VCT solenoids replaced. But mine came up as an error code. No warranty, I had to eat that one. I would have the dealership figure out what is wrong and not just fix stuff until they get it right. Maybe take it to another dealer. Good luck
Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by raschick
For a couple months now I had been hearing a "ticking" noise coming from the engine compartment of my 2009 F150 Fx4. I had it in at Ford the other day when I was having some other work done and they informed me that the noise was because of the VCT Solenoids. There weren't any error codes but a very apparent noise. I did purchase extended warranty when I purchased the truck used. Extended warranty is through Tricare which is apparently a 3rd party company.
Tricare has informed the dealership that they will not cover the replacement of the solenoids because a sound does not constitute a faulty part and there are no error codes...
Hi raschick.

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info?

Ashley
The following users liked this post:
raschick (07-31-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VCT Solenoid issue?