Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of this truck and how to determine gears?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Value of this truck and how to determine gears?

http://www.goodeford.com/used/Ford/2...rchDepth=17:35

I'm considering buying this truck. Anyone think I could talk them down to 24,000? Never bought a vehicle from a dealer before so any tips on dealing with the salesman?

How do you determine what gears it has? Is it printed somewhere on the rear axle? For the 2012 f-150 what ranges of gears were available? I'm thinking 3.55 might be ideal for best fuel economy on country roads? Or was there a lower ratio available that might be better? Won't be doing a lot of towing with the truck this will be used mostly for camping and hunting trips maybe hauling an atv on occasion. Won't be doing any real city driving since I live in a rural area.

I appreciate any input.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get the gears from the original window sticker. I found a link on another forum to a page that will generate it for you based on your VIN and then save it to pdf

http://www.fordf150.net/misc/window-sticker.php

Hope that helps with at least part of your question.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you will look just below the picture of the truck it has the window sticker you can click on to open it. It has a 3.73 electronic locker in it.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:16 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry44
http://www.goodeford.com/used/Ford/2...rchDepth=17:35

I'm considering buying this truck. Anyone think I could talk them down to 24,000? Never bought a vehicle from a dealer before so any tips on dealing with the salesman?

How do you determine what gears it has? Is it printed somewhere on the rear axle? For the 2012 f-150 what ranges of gears were available? I'm thinking 3.55 might be ideal for best fuel economy on country roads? Or was there a lower ratio available that might be better? Won't be doing a lot of towing with the truck this will be used mostly for camping and hunting trips maybe hauling an atv on occasion. Won't be doing any real city driving since I live in a rural area.

I appreciate any input.
axle code is on the door jamb sticker.
How to negotiate 101. Walk in, greet the salesman as for his business card, tell him what you are really willing to pay, let him go talk to his manager, feel insulted when he counters, remind him he didn't listen, tell him your number and add i'll sign now if you give me my price, let him blow air, ask him to talk to his manager again and remind him you are ready to sign. Manager will come blow air, stand up tell him thanks but i'll find my truck for my price elsewhere, listen to more hot air as you leave. At this point they should be countering again, if they do remind them what your price is, if they don't walk back write your contact info on the back of HIS business card, remind them of your price and tell them to think about it and to call you back within 48 hours. Leave. Wait for call, if no call, find another truck. At no point do you mention your love for the truck.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardinal Fan
If you will look just below the picture of the truck it has the window sticker you can click on to open it. It has a 3.73 electronic locker in it.
yeah the truck description also says 3.55 :/ dumb dealer lol

Last edited by kidastra; 04-08-2015 at 07:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Cardinal Fan (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

Put the VIN in here, its a 3.73

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do
Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Thanks to all for the good info. I saw it listed as 3.55 but I didn't trust that. I might look for another truck if this one has the 3.73 gears. Probably not a huge difference but I want what I want. I also don't want the tailgate step I just see it getting in the way of loading/unloading things into the bed. And I'd prefer to have backup camera. But if I can convince them to let it go for 24,000....
Old 04-08-2015, 11:43 PM

I see this truck is XTR package. Does that mean the speedometer will show KPH as opposed to MPH? If so, I'm guessing no way to change that?
I heard the XTR was a package in Canada only. I've seen a few of them for sale here in idaho though.

Quick Reply: Value of this truck and how to determine gears?